Should i get a pc or a laptop, or both

Im a student and want to know if i shoud get a geming destop or laptop?

If i get a destop it will cost the same ( excluding the moniter ) but have a 1070 instead of a 1060.

I have been doing reaserch for the destop for about 2-3 months but now my dad suggets me to get a laptop instead because of portability

Or should i get my desktop but then get a cheep laptop with a 150mx or a 940 ( not sure which is better ) ? 

Consider your needs. If you need to be able to compute anywhere, get a laptop. If you just need something to work or game on at the end of the day, get a desktop. If you can afford it, get both.

It depends:

If you're constantly on the move, get the laptop with the GTX1060 and use that for everything (just make sure the battery is large enough).

If you aren't, I'd suggest getting a PC/Chromebook mix.

For taking notes in class a cheap laptop (say, Chromebook) would be very useful at a very low cost. At home you could then have a desktop with more power and abilities. 

Do remember that if you don't plan on doing anything past 1080p60 you don't really need a GTX1070 and could save some cash.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Laptops are infinitely more useful in my opinion, especially for students, so no matter what you should get some sort of laptop.  

What's your budget?  What kind of games are you going to want to play on it?

Youre a student and you will carry the laptop all the time, i suggest you carry a small laptop no bigger than 13 inch.

A gaming laptop would just kill your back, they are so heavy.

And the screen is just too big for classroom.

Ask your self how many times you will game on the go?

An MX150 laptop is great and small like acer swift 3.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

53 minutes ago, Marshy88 said:

It depends:

If you're constantly on the move, get the laptop with the GTX1060 and use that for everything (just make sure the battery is large enough).

If you aren't, I'd suggest getting a PC/Chromebook mix.

For taking notes in class a cheap laptop (say, Chromebook) would be very useful at a very low cost. At home you could then have a desktop with more power and abilities. 

Do remember that if you don't plan on doing anything past 1080p60 you don't really need a GTX1070 and could save some cash.

I plan to play 144+ at 1080 or 1440 

1 hour ago, 1234566 said:

Im a student and want to know if i shoud get a geming destop or laptop?

If i get a destop it will cost the same ( excluding the moniter ) but have a 1070 instead of a 1060.

Just get a laptop, you'll be fine with just a 1060. 

PC SPECS

CPU: i5 4690k OC 4.4Ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 Strix OC 

Storage: 1TB HDD, 240GB sandisk SSD

Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

Case: NZXT S340 elite

PSU: EVGA BQ 650W

Motherboard: Asus - B85M-G R2.0 Micro ATX

RAM: 8x2 (16Gb) Generic kingston ddr3 1600

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love that comic sans am I right?

I love to joke around,i'm not at all a professional.

A cheap, light laptop for use at school and a powerful gaming desktop at home is a very nice combo. Lugging around a gaming laptop is only worth it if you really do play games (or transcode video etc.) often when you're away from home.