Harddrive with windows 10?

Hamface55

I am going to be putting together a pc with a bunch of old parts. I need a harddrive though but I do not own a copy of windows 10. Is there a harddrive I can buy that comes iwth windows 10? Or a cheap version of windows 10 somewhere? I dont want to spend $100 on windows.

You can make an installer directly from Microsoft's website. Just search Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and it should be the first or second link.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

If you buy a 2nd hand machine off someone it will likely come with Windows installed. Just check when you're buying it if it has an activated version of windows with it or if the seller is keeping the storage drives.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, akialwayz said:

you can buy win 10 key for less than 10 $ in ebay

Or on many grey market sites.
Like Kinguin, HRK, CDKeysDeals, etc...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

34 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Or on many grey market sites.
Like Kinguin, HRK, CDKeysDeals, etc...

I wouldn't buy from these sites. I'd prefer not even buying a W10 key than buying from a place like Kinguin since a lot of the sellers there use stolen credit cards and many keys might be reused or not work at all (immediately or after a few months)

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

31 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I wouldn't buy from these sites. I'd prefer not even buying a W10 key than buying from a place like Kinguin since a lot of the sellers there use stolen credit cards and many keys might be reused or not work at all (immediately or after a few months)

That might be true if you buy from a seller with very few ratings, but any of them with 10000+ ratings are usually legit as they'd normally be kicked off the site before ever reaching that amount of sales if they were doing that sort of thing. (Not to mention, you're usually "insured" if anything ever goes wrong with the key... assuming you took their "protection program")

In many countries, thing like softwares and games just cost less(from the low economy/buying power of an individual, to high piracy rate), they are simply reselling those.

As for Windows 10 licenses, if you license a very large volume of keys for OEM use, it can be especially cheap, down as far as $10 per keys, maybe even lower depending on where you buy them in the world, so it's not that unrealistic for the keys to be sold that cheaply on grey market sites.

Far from me from wanting to defend grey market sites, they don't need me for that, but I just can't help but wanting to dispel the misconception that just because a few does it, somehow it means all("a lot") of them do it. 
After all, people who were "wronged" will always be shouting louder than the ones who had a perfectly normal buying experience, hence why you might be thinking it's a rampant problem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Hamface55 said:

Is there a harddrive I can buy that comes iwth windows 10?

No. You have to install Windows. Because when Windows installs it installs the right drivers as well as takes a snap shot of your hardware. If you transplant a hard drive in another computer there is a chance that Windows will unactivate and might not work do the the right drivers not being installed. 

All you have to do is go to Microsoft's website and download the Windows 10 media creation tool. You can install Windows without a product key and run it unactivated for like ever. OR you can buy a cheap grey market key, or you can buy a OEM key which is more expensive but cheaper than a retail key which is the most expensive. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.