Help making .exe file

Go to solution Solved by Franck,
50 minutes ago, ThatBlockishWay said:

I might go ahead and do that, I think a batch would be suspiscous looking though. Is making an exe a pain?

No making an exe is very easy. But batch and exe could be block by anti virus from launching. In your case a shortcut link is probably the easiest solution.

On top of my head launching a file in an exe is 1 line of code in any language.

C# System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("myfile.html");

Java : Process process = new ProcessBuilder("myfile.html").start();

Is there a way to make an exe file that paths to an html file and opens it? I know there's gotta be but I can't find anything that tells me how.. (Also Im kinda a nub at coding so please don't expect too much outta me)

I think all you need for this is a simple batch file. You could also, y'know, make a shortcut to the HTML file on your desktop as that basically does the same thing ;) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, ThatBlockishWay said:

Is there a way to make an exe file that paths to an html file and opens it? I know there's gotta be but I can't find anything that tells me how.. (Also Im kinda a nub at coding so please don't expect too much outta me)

I mean, you could just create a shortcut and place it wherever.

much simpler than building a whole application just to launch a web page..

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

14 minutes ago, ThatBlockishWay said:

What are you trying to achieve?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

20 minutes ago, ThatBlockishWay said:

you don't need an extra .exe, simply clicking an html file will also open the file in the browser

1 hour ago, LUUD18 said:

What are you trying to achieve?

Im making a little text based adventure game using html and I need an exe or something to launch the first file, figured thatd be better than having the player try to navigate until they found 'start'

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

I think all you need for this is a simple batch file. You could also, y'know, make a shortcut to the HTML file on your desktop as that basically does the same thing ;) 

Maybe...I don't want the player thinking its a suspicious file or somthing though

9 minutes ago, BenCamps said:

I think electron would work well for what you are trying, which essentially allow you to create an application using HTML, JS and CSS.

From what I can tell this looks really useful, thanks

15 minutes ago, Franck said:

Simple create a batch or a shortcut file with the naming you want.

I might go ahead and do that, I think a batch would be suspiscous looking though. Is making an exe a pain?

50 minutes ago, ThatBlockishWay said:

No making an exe is very easy. But batch and exe could be block by anti virus from launching. In your case a shortcut link is probably the easiest solution.

1 minute ago, Franck said:

I hadn't even considered that, thanks