Black Friday / Cyber Monday best picks (EU/UK)

Thony

So guys sales week is ending in 2 days and I wonder if u managed to find and purchase anything for a great deal ?

Here in UK the sales is complete poo and the only tech thing worthy buying I saw on Black Friday was Samsung Evo 860 SSD 500GB for £62 on lighting deal on amazon and I didnt buy it then so I am waiting for it to come back on last day of the sales. 

Scan, Aria, Overclockers dont have any good deal, its very sad year :(

Let me know what u got ! :P

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Trying to get a mx500 250 gb for 40 euros here is pretty cheap too. Now I feel kinda bad for paying 120 euros for a 860 evo 500 gb and the crew 2

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Trying to get a mx500 250 gb for 40 euros here is pretty cheap too. Now I feel kinda bad for paying 120 euros for a 860 evo 500 gb and the crew 2

just checking a ebuyer.com (UK site I guess) they got mx500 250gb for £36 atm.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Thony said:

just checking a ebuyer.com (UK site I guess) they got mx500 250gb for £36 atm.

Yeah, taxes and sending costs. I'm in the Netherlands

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Now I feel kinda bad for paying 120 euros for a 860 evo 500 gb and the crew 2

Don't feel bad, I paid 149,97$ CAD per 64GB SSD when I first built my PC... bought two of them, they were garbage.

Prices drops over time, it's normal.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

There was no sale, just normal retail prices or higher put on display as sale ? lots of videos of people lifting the sale price lables to find the same or lower price under it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yeah, the sales have sucked here in the UK. Amazon basically just seems to have a sale on their own stuff. 

I was hoping sales would come up for networking equipment as I have about £400 worth of upgrades I'm planning, but nothing that I want has been discounted. Oh well, lets hope they go down during the January sales. 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Yeah, taxes and sending costs. I'm in the Netherlands

It has .com so wasnt sure its purely UK, ofcourse I dont expect anyone outside UK to buy items here.

Just now, TetraSky said:

Don't feel bad, I paid 149,97$ CAD per 64GB SSD when I first built my PC... bought two of them, they were garbage.

Prices drops over time, it's normal.

Yeah, I know. Tech always gets cheaper. The only part in my build that got more expensive is the 8600k, but that's about it

Just now, Thony said:

It has .com so wasnt sure its purely UK, ofcourse I dont expect anyone outside UK to buy items here.

I thought we were talking about eu too

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yeah, the sales have sucked here in the UK. Amazon basically just seems to have a sale on their own stuff. 

I was hoping sales would come up for networking equipment as I have about £400 worth of upgrades I'm planning, but nothing that I want has been discounted. Oh well, lets hope they go down during the January sales. 

Well, deco m5 3 pack is on sale here, what about there?

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

There was no sale, just normal retail prices or higher put on display as sale ? lots of videos of people lifting the sale price lables to find the same or lower price under it

In EU/UK ? I saw a hillarious gif from america :D

1 minute ago, Thony said:

In EU/UK ? I saw a hillarious gif from america :D

Sweden, worst black friday i have seen. Cyber monday was also just not a thing this year

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, Thony said:

So guys sales week is ending in 2 days and I wonder if u managed to find and purchase anything for a great deal ?

Here in UK the sales is complete poo and the only tech thing worthy buying I saw on Black Friday was Samsung Evo 860 SSD 500GB for £62 on lighting deal on amazon and I didnt buy it then so I am waiting for it to come back on last day of the sales. 

Scan, Aria, Overclockers dont have any good deal, its very sad year :(

Let me know what u got ! :P

I got a Crucial MX500 250GB SSD for £37 on amazon. 

I selected standard free delivery and even though amazon said it'd be here on Friday 29th, it was here yesterday. I ordered it on Saturday 24th!

Only problem is I've fried my motherboard so I can't even use it :( 

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Sweden, worst black friday i have seen. Cyber monday was also just not a thing this year

Same in UK.

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

I  got a Crucial MX500 250GB SSD for £37 on amazon. 

I got standard free delivery and even though amazon said it'd be here on Friday 29th, it was here yesterday.

F

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Well, deco m5 3 pack is on sale here, what about there?

Went to search Google for pricing and...

deco.PNG.b20d72c43671adddf9c1d3b1cd377df3.PNG

Prices in Sweden there if you're interested. Damn VPNs. 

I was looking for a couple of Ubiquiti devices, some are upgrades and some are replacements but everything is the same price. I think it's pretty much only consumer networking stuff that's discounted, like the M5 mesh type systems

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

I got a Crucial MX500 250GB SSD for £37 on amazon. 

I selected standard free delivery and even though amazon said it'd be here on Friday 29th, it was here yesterday. I ordered it on Saturday 24th!

My amazon deliveries were early too like wtf, I even got email saying item will arrive monday but delivery guy came same day I ordered the item so ofcourse i wasnt home, he even tried twice same day haha
Ebuyer has that SSd for £37 right now too with free delivery but I want samsung as my MX100 has some failed regions and BF4 game caused it to completely crash. So I am done with Crucial for now, had my Evo 840 since I built my PC in 2014 no problems.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yeah, although ubiquiti is more prosumer, they don't get on sale that much. But the m5 is actually not bad. I use them in my partly concrete house and I still get around 350-400 mps with only 1 backboned

Just now, Thony said:

My amazon deliveries were early too like wtf, I even got email saying item will arrive monday but delivery guy came same day I ordered the item so ofcourse i wasnt home, he even tried twice same day haha
Ebuyer has that SSd for £37 right now too with free delivery but I want samsung as my MX100 has some failed regions and BF4 game caused it to completely crash. So I am done with Crucial for now, had my Evo 840 since I built my PC in 2014 no problems.

An amazon guy trying twice the same day is rare here. I've never had it happen to me.

Anyway you'll always pay a premium for Samsung SSDs as they are some of the best on the market.

1 minute ago, Thony said:

You might have been unlucky. Crucial was and is a great company to buy from, but samsung is together with crucial and intel about the best you can get

4 minutes ago, 1kv said:

An amazon guy trying twice the same day is rare here. I've never had it happen to me.

Anyway you'll always pay a premium for Samsung SSDs as they are some of the best on the market.

I got prime for one week for £0.99 so maybe thats why the extra effort or he had same route back to the warehouse who knows. I wasnt home and couldnt leave a note so that sux. I personally cant say a single bad word about amazon, their deliveries are either on point or early for me (London).

I know thats why I only buy them on sale :D

Just now, Thony said:

I got prime for one week for £0.99 so maybe thats why the extra effort or he had same route back to the warehouse who knows. I wasnt home and couldnt leave a note so that sux. I personally cant say a single bad word about amazon, their deliveries are either on point or early for me (London).

Yep. I went to London in November 2017 and March 2018. I went to both South East London and Central London and I found that everything seemed better than the rest of the UK. 

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

You might have been unlucky. Crucial was and is a great company to buy from, but samsung is together with crucial and intel about the best you can get

Totally unlucky but SSD still works, its only if I install BF4 it will always crash within a month. So game must be accessing same faulty data points on SSD or something about the SSD dislikingBF4. It hasnt crashed in like 4 months now still works fine with no other issues. Got BF5 on it now.