Destiny 2 | Invest or Not?

Code.016

I never played the first game since it is only available for console. Bungee then made it available for PC, but i'm still stuck with The Division and Warframe. I wanted to play Destiny 2 but i saw some negative reviews for it that the game, which made me decided that i'll just wait for it get on sale.

Now Blizzard and Bungee made it free, I immediately downloaded it and played since Monday. At first i wasn't even sure what i supposed to do and I never watched any video, tutorials, reviews since it's release. I just go with the flow and follow some random guys killing everything on their path. I haven't also got out in EDZ and im now Level 16 with 181 light something. I enjoy it as much as i enjoy playing The Division from its release. Then someone from my community group told me that it is only the base game that bungee release, and that does not include the DLCs and Expansion.

Now my very nooby questions:

1. Should i buy the additional DLC and Expansions? If i do, what should i buy to fully experience Destiny 2?

2. Is it ideal to buy the Annual Pass that the game offers?

3. Any thoughts if the game is still good to invest my time?

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

The DLC is outrageously expensive until it's been out for a while. Wait for the next expansion and get a $30 bundle to get all the content.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I've been playing it since it went free. I'm not getting the DLC. The game is extremely barebones. The maps are essentially Plains of Eidilolons maps with the same game game type over and over. The division, warframe, borderlands 2 and mass effect are much better shooter rpgs. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Not to mention how bad the pseudo skill trees are. The stats on gear barely matter. In warframe I have to think about my load outs. In Destiny, I can just brute force my way through the game with whatever gear had the largest number in my inventory. The game has no depth. 

It's insane to me that Bungie is getting away with the amount they're charging for this game and the DLC. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I got a 'free' copy from EVGA when I bought my 1080,  I agree with you I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing when I started. Plus running across the map all the time was pretty boring so I played it for like 5-6 hours and then got rid of it. Wasn't alot of fun

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I'll trust your advice since you guys already experience the game already. i just hit level 20, which is the max level for base game. ill see if the game will offer me more when i progress the campaign. good thing i ask first before buying. :D

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

12 hours ago, tmph.Gammatron said:

but i'm still stuck with The Division and Warframe.

What do you mean by this?

At first i wasn't even sure what i supposed to do and I never watched any video, tutorials, reviews since it's release.

This is exactly what happened to me when I first played the first Destiny.

I enjoy it as much as i enjoy playing The Division from its release.

After putting an hour or two into Destiny 2 after getting it for free the other day, I too am enjoying it as much as I enjoy The Division. I've put in over 100 hours into the Division on both Xbox One and PC.

1. Should i buy the additional DLC and Expansions?

I say only if you complete everything the base game has to offer. If at that time you crave more, that would be when you buy any additional DLC. Especially if you have friends that will be doing the same to keep you company. Even if they're random, as long as they are into the game and want to invest time into it, that helps even more.

2. Is it ideal to buy the Annual Pass that the game offers?

Nope. Over time, it will become insanely cheaper.

3. Any thoughts if the game is still good to invest my time?

It seems just like any other game, it should get repetitive over time. Whether or not its good comes down to personal experience with the genre. Like for me, the genre is fairly fresh so I really enjoy the atmosphere the game provides and anything I've yet to even participate in like raids and whatever else Destiny 2 has to offer.

As someone who has played destiny 1 since beta and a hardvore fan since, I agree that Destiny 2 had a pretty rough start. Destiny 1 was great because it was a hell of a grind. It challenged you to work in order to get the good shit, and what you were grinding for was strong enough that it motivated you and made the grind fun. They hurt the game in D2 by changing it to cater to the casual gamer, and like I said, D1 was not a casual game. Its a shame it took a while, but since the release of the Forsaken expansion, D2 is finally the way it should have been. It's faster paced, way more grind, way more to do. You have to own the first 2 expansions to purchase and play Forsaken, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. All together, current D2 is a great game, the evolved version of it's awesome predecessor. 

2 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

What do you mean by this?

What i supposed to say was, at the time that D2 released, i'm more focused on The Division and Warframe, and D2 didn't capture my interest because i don't life the MMO genre on FPS. (on my opinion)

But based on your experience, what i think is I'll just wait for discounted DLC and expansion. Right now, i'm starting to like the game and how i progress to the game. thanks for sharing your thoughts!

54 minutes ago, Matt Salopek said:

As someone who has played destiny 1 since beta and a hardvore fan since, I agree that Destiny 2 had a pretty rough start. Destiny 1 was great because it was a hell of a grind. It challenged you to work in order to get the good shit, and what you were grinding for was strong enough that it motivated you and made the grind fun. They hurt the game in D2 by changing it to cater to the casual gamer, and like I said, D1 was not a casual game. Its a shame it took a while, but since the release of the Forsaken expansion, D2 is finally the way it should have been. It's faster paced, way more grind, way more to do. You have to own the first 2 expansions to purchase and play Forsaken, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. All together, current D2 is a great game, the evolved version of it's awesome predecessor. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! maybe i'll just wait for Christmas season and hopefully i can find a good deal with the expansions and DLCs.

21 hours ago, ivan134 said:

It's insane to me that Bungie is getting away with the amount they're charging for this game and the DLC.

Game developers can charge any amount they wish for their games. 

1 hour ago, A Random Dude said:

Game developers can charge any amount they wish for their games. 

MMkay. Thanks for the factoid.

Complete the base game, play some PvP, get to max light level and do the Leviathan raid if you can find a group (can usually get one in 20 minutes or so on Discord). If you like the gameplay and mechanics, then spend the $40 for Forsaken (includes Curse of Osiris and Warmind, the prior DLCs), or $70 for Forsaken + the Season pass (includes 3 smaller DLCs over the next 8 months or so IIRC). It's much better than just the base game, and apparently the new raid is amazing, but if you don't enjoy the base game in the first place you'll lose interest in the rest of it pretty quick. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 hours ago, SupremeGOAT said:

destiny is a waste of time just like anthem will be

I have to wholeheartedly disagree haha

5 hours ago, SupremeGOAT said:

destiny is a waste of time just like anthem will be

I disagree. Although i haven't played the game, i like how they combined The Division and Destiny into one game. Shooting in 3rd person view (which i prefer) and your enemies are aliens and machines, which is more ideally for bullet spongies compare with humans in The Division.

1 minute ago, tmph.Gammatron said:

I disagree. Although i haven't played the game, i like how they combined The Division and Destiny into one game. Shooting in 3rd person view (which i prefer) and your enemies are aliens and machines, which is more ideally for bullet spongies compare with humans in The Division.

people thought destiny would be halo re-birthed and got rusty nails in their faces with the repetition and lack of story... all i'm saying is don't get your hopes to high for anthem all we know so far is that it's pretty... and EA isn't exactly the "ok lets not do that again" type so expect micro transactions... but who knows maybe it will be as cool as titanfall 2

Bolivia.