most reliable 2.5" hdd?

Ashley MLP Fangirl

I want to get a very reliable 2.5" hdd to use in a usb enclosure for time machine backups. 

I'm looking for 2TB of capacity. 

it needs to be able to handle being moved around because I will take it with me everyday.

She/Her

I've had good experience with seagates. Though I dont bring it around with me and move it around constantly. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

10 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I want to get a very reliable 2.5" hdd to use in a usb enclosure for time machine backups. 

I have a lot of Seagate Barracuda drives that I use as backups and they've been more reliable that WD drives in my experience. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Seagate non hybrid drives. However if you are needing a drive for reliable long term backup a 2.5" mechanical drive is not really the best choice.

9 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

Seagate non hybrid drives. However if you are needing a drive for reliable long term backup a 2.5" mechanical drive is not really the best choice.

not really long term. it's more for it my Mac crashes or it suddenly dies and I need to buy a new one i can just restore from the backup and it's exactly like it was. 

and the way time machine works. it backs up every hour so if I accidentally delete a file I can just get it back as long as it was in the last backup. 

She/Her