Case modification and disassembly question

NnoNno
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
On 9/16/2018 at 8:22 AM, NnoNno said:

- How do I remove and reattach the front transparent panel of my (I previously owned it) segotep K7 case, (It is super glued onto another surface behind it) this is mainly because I don’t want to spray paint parts of this panel.

- I am also trying to give the case a new colour scheme, but how do I sand away old paint in hard to reach places such as my HDD bay, my case fan grates, etc. I’m asking as I want to repaint every surface in my moms case.

- should drill some holes and another grate to add 2 140mm fans on top of my case?

• If it's glued on, try heating it up to loosen the adhesive using a heat gun, carefully so you dont crack or warp the glass/acrylic.
  • I personally wouldnt worry a crap ton about the little spots you cant get in with sand paper if you're just going to paint over it. I'm not even sure if sanding is neccesary, just a pre coat of primer would probably be fine.
  • Probably not, 2 fans at the front and 1 fan at the rear is enough for most computers

I’m trying to make a cheap/good-ish pc for my mom, while making it look as good as humanly possible (My mom wants something that appears better than it is.(of course it also has to function decently and a daily driver or gaming rig.))

So my question is.... (there will be pictures for reference 

- How do I remove and reattach the front transparent panel of my (I previously owned it) segotep K7 case, (It is super glued onto another surface behind it) this is mainly because I don’t want to spray paint parts of this panel.

- I am also trying to give the case a new colour scheme, but how do I sand away old paint in hard to reach places such as my HDD bay, my case fan grates, etc. I’m asking as I want to repaint every surface in my moms case.

- should drill some holes and another grate to add 2 140mm fans on top of my case?

The case has no PSU shroud, support for only 2 120mm and 1 80mm fan, f all back panel space, no hole for a 8pin cpu cable, support for 1 hdd and 2 ssd and it’s a cheap Chinese case made in China. Why did I get it? Because this was the first case I ever bought and never used due to the reasons above and more.

A9DB1AF5-0147-4027-A207-A813E9FEB5A0.jpeg

F9476C19-6502-48FF-8005-D992F6E7CEE8.jpeg

3E0096C2-8E69-4E49-8964-437330884510.jpeg

7CA5C2B7-5538-4513-8ACF-E2071CCF92CC.jpeg

On 9/16/2018 at 8:22 AM, NnoNno said:

• If it's glued on, try heating it up to loosen the adhesive using a heat gun, carefully so you dont crack or warp the glass/acrylic.
  • I personally wouldnt worry a crap ton about the little spots you cant get in with sand paper if you're just going to paint over it. I'm not even sure if sanding is neccesary, just a pre coat of primer would probably be fine.
  • Probably not, 2 fans at the front and 1 fan at the rear is enough for most computers

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25