Will soft tubing from the hardware store work?

So I'm planning on upgrading the cooling on my PC from a Hyper 212 Evo to a fully custom loop. Since I don't have much money to spend I want to spend not a lot of money on tubing. So the question is, could I have a few bucks by buying soft tubing from the hardware store to replace EKWB EK-Duraclear Soft Tubing?

Depends on what its for. Personally I would not as it could be made out of something that when combined with the water (or whatever your using) could erode into your loop, causing damage. It also may not be able to withstand constant pressure that a water loop is forced under when running, as well as it is most likely not as durable. You may as well pay a little extra to get dedicated hardware that is meant for the job rather than an option that, while viable, may end up killing your PC.

Not to instill the fear of god in you, but I would hate to see a decent PC ruined to save a buck.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

6 minutes ago, Chubkin said:

So I'm planning on upgrading the cooling on my PC from a Hyper 212 Evo to a fully custom loop. Since I don't have much money to spend I want to spend not a lot of money on tubing. So the question is, could I have a few bucks by buying soft tubing from the hardware store to replace EKWB EK-Duraclear Soft Tubing?

IT should* be fine just make sure you check the material, very few are bad for cooling loops but some can be(probably fine) and make sure you change fluids often enough.

2 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

Depends on what its for. Personally I would not as it could be made out of something that when combined with the water (or whatever your using) could erode into your loop, causing damage. It also may not be able to withstand constant pressure that a water loop is forced under when running, as well as it is most likely not as durable. You may as well pay a little extra to get dedicated hardware that is meant for the job rather than an option that, while viable, may end up killing your PC.

Not to instill the fear of god in you, but I would hate to see a decent PC ruined to save a buck.

Do you think soft PVC tubing work?

Just make sure there's no plasticizer in the tubing (the stuff that makes the tubing soft) cus that will leach out over time and clog the blocks up. 

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

On 05/09/2018 at 11:22 PM, Chubkin said:

Do you think soft PVC tubing work?

No if it's normal soft PVC tubing it has plasticizer that will leech out, the only kind you can use from the hardware store would be tygon or a food grade tubing.

Could just cheap out somewhere else and spend 30 bucks on tubing. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz