But TV now, or wait for Black Friday?

Schraufabagel

I have a Costco membership and there are two TVs I have my eye one. One is a 49" 4k Samsung and the other is a 50" 4k LG. Both are $419. I'm wondering if maybe I should wait for black Friday or not since there are always TVs on sale then? I'm not sure since last year models similar to these went for around $400 but cost significantly more at full price. So I'm wondering if there will be anything sub $400 for a sizable 4k TV on black Friday now that these TVs are main stream

This has to be the record for earliest Black Friday post lol. I mean, that's a long ways away. If you want a TV now, get one now. If it's not that important and you can wait 3 months for a chance at a good deal, that's fine too. Personally, I wouldn't be able to wait.

Depends on how much you need/want it.

The TV you are looking for might not even be on sale on black friday, you never know.

I recommend TCL if you want a cheap TV for the sameish visuals as a more expensive samsung/LG

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

Get one now. The TVs made for Black Friday deals don't exist outside of Black Friday. Manufacturers make sale specific skus. They are trash. Don't do it. If you see one you like now, just get it.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Get one now. The TVs made for Black Friday deals don't exist outside of Black Friday. Manufacturers make sale specific skus. They are trash. Don't do it. If you see one you like now, just get it.

It appears this is true. I personally had no idea

https://money.cnn.com/2014/11/25/news/economy/black-friday-deals/index.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/benzingainsights/2012/11/21/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-tv-on-black-friday/#26c81c661a2c

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/black-friday-brief-derivative-tvs-smoking-deal-or-sham-n464296

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

do you need a TV now, or do you need a TV on black friday?

1 hour ago, MrShinny said:

Depends on how much you need/want it.

The TV you are looking for might not even be on sale on black friday, you never know.

I recommend TCL if you want a cheap TV for the sameish visuals as a more expensive samsung/LG

I've heard that TCL is prone to burnout. This is probably a misconception. But my main concern is, they are both 4k and hdr10, what would be the visual different of a tcl brand TV then? Why does it cost less?

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

do you need a TV now, or do you need a TV on black friday?

Moving into a new house, so I was looking at upgrading the size and resolution. One of my biggest hobbies is film production and I do that in 4k, so that's the big reason I want one. Can't say I ever "need" one, but the sooner the better

59 minutes ago, Schraufabagel said:

I've heard that TCL is prone to burnout. This is probably a misconception. But my main concern is, they are both 4k and hdr10, what would be the visual different of a tcl brand TV then? Why does it cost less?

They used to make the panels for samsung and LG and sony and all the other major brands. Then they figured they could sell they same shit for literally half the price.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

Don’t buy a TV on black Friday. The crowds and rush sit worth it. Besides the best deals for TVs are usually around now (right before football season) and right before the Super Bowl. 

• 3 weeks later...

Listen, if you’re buying a tv on Black Friday, you are getting a Black Friday tv. They are made terribly. The deals you see all summer long are the same price on Black Friday. Maybe save an extra $40 and wait for 4 hours in line. 

TCL roku tv man. For the budget. 100%

Your better off getting one now.  Can get a very nice 32 inch Vizio at your local Wal-Mart for right at $150 give or take a couple bucks. I just got my 4K 70 inch Vizio for $600 about 4 weeks ago. 

On Black Friday they make the really low end brands and outdated models the door busters, and raise the prices on the better brands by 10-20%. I worked at a Radio Shack for a few yrs, and that's what they would do for those types of specials.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:39 PM, Schraufabagel said:

In store, when I saw TCL in live comparing to big brands like Samsung, Sony and etc, TCL had inferior picture quality. That's why they are cheap. Picture quality was meh... I suggest you to go in store and choose TV by looking at picture quality rather reading from Internet. It's something you need to check in live.

Work for Best Buy, can confirm the above. That's why you don't buy black friday tv's. If it is a "current" model and is just on sale for black friday, sure, get it, but not these off model # weird tv's. Those are the customers we see once a year, on black friday, buying another tv because the last one broke in 3 months.