Nintendo confirm Diablo 3: Eternal Collection will come to Switch

ItsMitch

S: Nintendo 

After a string of leaks during the past 48 hours, Nintendo has confirmed on Twitter that Diablo 3: Eternal Collection Will be coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year. It's price was confirmed to be $59.99

Diablo 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch. After a series of teasers, rumors and leaks, Blizzard Entertainment officially confirmed today that Diablo 3: Eternal Collection — the package that includes the Reaper of Souls and Rise of the Necromancer add-ons — will come to Nintendo’s console later this year for $59.99.

The Switch release of Diablo 3 will feature a handful of Nintendo-exclusive items, all of them based on The Legend of Zelda. There’s a Ganondorf-inspired cosmetic armor set (seen above), a pair of Majora’s Mask-inspired wings, a Triforce character portrait frame and a new Cucco pet, the chickens of the Legend of Zelda franchise.

DIA_SwitchPR_LobbyUI_FullParty_TF_002.png

I'm fairly excited for this, I know @Dukester is excited. I know I'll be picking up a Switch later this year. 

Awesome!

I bet Nintendo wanted to make a big Nintendo Direct surprised, and now that is ruined by the leak, so they gave out, oh well on that.

But hey, glad to see this game on it.

38 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Awesome!

I bet Nintendo wanted to make a big Nintendo Direct surprised, and now that is ruined by the leak, so they gave out, oh well on that.

But hey, glad to see this game on it.

Didn't the leak yesterday say the plan was always to announce today or am I imagining that?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

22 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Didn't the leak yesterday say the plan was always to announce today or am I imagining that?

I don't know

One day we'll actually get new content and not the same game i've played in the past 10yrs as a re-release... 

Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI | Ryzen 1600X | Corsair H100i v2

16GB DDR4 Corsair LED RAM |Gigabyte 1060 G1 Gaming 6G

Samsung 960EVO NVMe 250GB | WD Black 1TB 7200RPM
Corsair Obsidian 250D | Corsair K70 RGB Silent | Corsair M65 Pro RGB | LG 29UM60-P

I am glad. D3 is only good on consoles because controllers are the only way that make sense with ARPGs.  

Are Bethesda and Blizzard competing on who can re-release their games on every platform?

12 minutes ago, Roadcone said:

One day we'll actually get new content and not the same game i've played in the past 10yrs as a re-release... 

We do have new content. And you forget that games takes 3 to 5 years to make depending on the size of the game. For the Switch, the system requires an engine and the game designed for it. If the game was not designed with in mind since day 1, then you are in for trouble, depending on the complexity of the game.

1 hour ago, Trixanity said:

Are Bethesda and Blizzard competing on who can re-release their games on every platform?

Why wouldn't you? The Switch didn't exist when these games came out and they get more money this way. I just wish Blizzard actually cared and made a decent Diablo game again

would look more forward if it was path of exile. Got tired of Diablo after the necromancers expansion 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I've already played the shit out of D3 on PC, but I'd probably pick this up if I had a switch, just to play D3 everywhere.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Once they announced 'multiple Diablo projects' I knew one of them would be this. But, whatever played it for years on PC though. It's just another port. 

As for other Diablo projects in the works hopefully no more ports, like for smartphone. So possible D2 remaster would be great. As for longer taking time project D4 awesomeness indeed. For it they need to get back to dark horror gothic style graphics. Those visuals would be much better. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

18 hours ago, Roadcone said:

^ THIS, 6 years it's been out. I guess devs see the Bethesda style of development works...

image.png.1814a5ed2e7a2c7e6c1289f567263052.png

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Pushed to GR90 on PC with multiple toons. Any point playing on the Switch?

only if you want more of the same but on a train, or bus, or car, or while on the toilet.

19 hours ago, SupremeGOAT said:

mmm torchlight would have been better...

that too!

Also would love to see grim dawn, titan quest and wolcen (whenever that gets out of early access)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

12 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Can't fathom how that would be possible with the apm and precision aiming required to push high GR

so playing on the switch itself is a new torment, so they did add something new o.O

4 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Giving us crutches to walk the same rocky path is not adding anything new

but it does make it more challenging, and new diablo content so far have mostly been new torment levels, soooo...

and to be clear i'm mostly joking at this point, wouldn't buy and wouldn't make me buy a switch cause i got tired of diablo. Which in itself was a good thing, made me appreciate other dungeon crawlers and look forward to upcoming titles, and made me play old ones i had missed