I need help with cooling my system.

Waynelu1

Long story short I did a ton of research and bought a new HUGE nhd15s cooler which brought my old stock cooling 90* down to load of 50-60*. However now with the HUGE cooler installed and my CPU heat no longer an issue I noticed that my graphics card makes a ton of noise and is constantly running at max RMP just to keep the temps around 80*. I want to know if there is anyway to help my graphics cards cooling, I already have 2x 120mm front intake 1x 120mm bottom intake 1x140mm cpu fan blowing air towards exhaust, and 1x120mm exhaust fan. My graphics card is WAY TOO loud when playing games, and I need a solution quick! I am also thinking about giving the air cooler to my dad and getting a AIO cooler instead to see if thwt would help. Is there ya chance the big aircooler has broken my case airflow?

https://imgur.com/a/3HsKsXR

Graphics card: RX 580 4GB

Try repositioning your front intake fans, currently there's a gap perfectly where the GPU is. Use the fan you've removed from the NH-D15 as a top exhaust too (If your case supports it).

I would mess with the fans as much as you can and did the GPU get noisier or did you just notice it more now that you have a presumably more silent cooler. If that is the case there are always aftermarket cooling for the GPU you could get into.

https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-s3.html This with 2 spare fans and say goodbye to your problem

Is your rx480 blower style? I think I'm right since my rx480 has the same problems (doesnt matter too much your airflow),

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

The bottom fan isn't doing anything. Can you get 3 fans to front? Which case is that? It suffers from PSU shroud covering airflow route to GPU.

As for GPU, have you messed with fan settings? 80C might be what its maxing, even if you lower fan speed. Its not bad temp, though my Founders 780Ti has same max under most gaming loads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The bottom fan isn't doing anything. Can you get 3 fans to front? Which case is that? It suffers from PSU shroud covering airflow route to GPU.

As for GPU, have you messed with fan settings? 80C might be what its maxing, even if you lower fan speed. Its not bad temp, though my Founders 780Ti has same max under most gaming loads.

I switched up my set up, I put one 120mm fan for exhaust in the back top, one 120mm fan for exhaust in back, I moved both front 120mm fans up so it isn’t blowing air into the bottom but rather towards the graphics card. The temps have slightly improved now I average 75 degrees, however it is still quite loud. Do you know what RX 580 are suppose to run at becuase I mainly want to minimize noise without screwing up my graphics card. 

2 hours ago, Waynelu1 said:

I switched up my set up, I put one 120mm fan for exhaust in the back top, one 120mm fan for exhaust in back, I moved both front 120mm fans up so it isn’t blowing air into the bottom but rather towards the graphics card. The temps have slightly improved now I average 75 degrees, however it is still quite loud. Do you know what RX 580 are suppose to run at becuase I mainly want to minimize noise without screwing up my graphics card. 

I haven't looked into that. But you can do testing quite easy by yourself. Have Heaven running stress test and tweak fan speeds manually from Afterburner or similar. After each change let it run for maybe 30s to get stable temp reading. My card is set to have fan 60% max and it reaches 83C under stress testing with that. While gaming its 78C max which is quite enough for me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are your specs? Is that a rear intake?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs? Is that a rear intake?

System: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 8-Core 16 Thread 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) | 16GB DDR4-2400 | 1TB HDD | 120GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 Armor 4GB 

i have 2 exhaust. One back top of case, one rear of case. Two intake front of case. I am thinking of getting a cooler for my card, but I want to find a way to see if I can fix it without spending money first. 

8 minutes ago, Waynelu1 said:

i have 2 exhaust. One back top of case, one rear of case

What fans are you using? I don't know of any led fans that have a lighting ring at the exhaust side. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fans are you using? I don't know of any led fans that have a lighting ring at the exhaust side. 

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It was one of the fans that came with the case. I just put it in the back. I’m highkey a noob at this lol. It pushes a decent amount of air out though. 

Ive also heard my card is known to have poor cooling.

Just now, Waynelu1 said:

It was one of the fans that came with the case. I just put it in the back. I’m highkey a noob at this lol. It pushes a decent amount of air out though. 

Ive also heard my card is known to have poor cooling.

What case are you using?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

What case are you using?

I decided to buy a prebuilt computer and upgrade it from there for my first rig.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5S3LZM/ref=twister_B01G45WLE2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

i don’t think it is a very popular case at all 

you xan select and see the case specs here

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-5-Gold

The heatsink shouldn't be worsening graphics card temps.

Are you sure that all of the fans in the case are facing the same direction? The side with the hub is the intake and the side with the frame is the exhaust. 

open-grille.png

Is the system noisier than before the cpu cooler replacement?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

The heatsink shouldn't be worsening graphics card temps.

Are you sure that all of the fans in the case are facing the same direction? The side with the hub is the intake and the side with the frame is the exhaust. 

open-grille.png

Is the system noisier than before the cpu cooler replacement?

Honestly I’m not to sure, I’ve always thought the cpu was making all the noise so I got a new cpu cooler replacement. The thing is huge and there is very little clearance between it and my card. However now all I notice is the card noise. I’m not sure if it was any louder tbh.

10 minutes ago, Waynelu1 said:

Honestly I’m not to sure, I’ve always thought the cpu was making all the noise so I got a new cpu cooler replacement. The thing is huge and there is very little clearance between it and my card. However now all I notice is the card noise. I’m not sure if it was any louder tbh.

You could try undervolting the graphics card with software like Msi Afterburner and raise case fan speeds. Besides that, the most effective solution would also be the most expensive like an aftermarket AIO cooler and bracket like the Kraken G12 or Arctic Accelero. 

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You could try undervolting the graphics card with software like Msi Afterburner and raise case fan speeds. Besides that, the most effective solution would also be the most expensive like an aftermarket AIO cooler and bracket like the Kraken G12 or Arctic Accelero. 

I might just go with the arctic accelero, however do you think I have enough clearance for it with the top 23mm heatsink? Will the heat sinks touch cause any issues?

https://imgur.com/a/J6CBE2w

Chances of fitting are very slim I’d say :(

i am am considering switching over to water cooling with the Corsair H115i Pro so I have space to add the GPU cooler. 

On 8/14/2018 at 9:36 PM, Waynelu1 said:

I might just go with the arctic accelero, however do you think I have enough clearance for it with the top 23mm heatsink? Will the heat sinks touch cause any issues?

https://imgur.com/a/J6CBE2w

Chances of fitting are very slim I’d say :(

i am am considering switching over to water cooling with the Corsair H115i Pro so I have space to add the GPU cooler. 

Yeah, it should fit just fine. Something like the Twin Turbo II would be good. The only thing above the pcb is the screws:

1473-SAM_1319%20(Copy).JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 7:49 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Yeah, it should fit just fine. Something like the Twin Turbo II would be good. The only thing above the pcb is the screws:

1473-SAM_1319%20(Copy).JPG

Sorry for the late reply, but is the twin turbine 2 and 3 the same? I turned my CPU cooler around so now I have a lot of space above my card for VRAM heatsinks, but I’m debating on which is worth it? 

The twin turbine 2 doesn’t list compatibility with the RX 580, but I’ve heard it’s the same thing as it’s older brother. 

14 minutes ago, Waynelu1 said:

Sorry for the late reply, but is the twin turbine 2 and 3 the same? I turned my CPU cooler around so now I have a lot of space above my card for VRAM heatsinks, but I’m debating on which is worth it? 

The twin turbine 2 doesn’t list compatibility with the RX 580, but I’ve heard it’s the same thing as it’s older brother. 

The Twin Turbo III uses a large backside cooler instead of small adhesive heatsinks like the Twin Turbo II. The backside cooler is better for reusing between cards but would make the card use 3.5 slots and doesn't fit the card without modding. 

Accelero_Xtreme_III_F04.jpgAccelero_twin_Turbo_III_F03a.jpg

The RX 580 Armor pcb is similar to the reference RX 480 so it should work fine. 

e5b849fbdbedfc6184ac5704756a4f57.png

57 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Twin Turbo III uses a large backside cooler instead of small adhesive heatsinks like the Twin Turbo II. The backside cooler is better for reusing between cards but would make the card use 3.5 slots and doesn't fit the card without modding. 

Accelero_Xtreme_III_F04.jpgAccelero_twin_Turbo_III_F03a.jpg

The RX 580 Armor pcb is similar to the reference RX 480 so it should work fine. 

e5b849fbdbedfc6184ac5704756a4f57.png

If I purchase the turbo III I would have to mod my card in order for it to fit? I looked on amazon and ARCTIC states that the Turbo II doesn’t fit the RX 580. Looks like the Turbo III is my only hope. 

What do do you mean by mod though? What would I have to do?

7733FCED-1C20-4DFF-89D5-AA87FD0F4493.png

16 minutes ago, Waynelu1 said:

If I purchase the turbo III I would have to mod my card in order for it to fit? I looked on amazon and ARCTIC states that the Turbo II doesn’t fit the RX 580. Looks like the Turbo III is my only hope. 

What do do you mean by mod though? What would I have to do?

The Twin Turbo III isn't any more compatible than the II. The modding that needs to be done is cutting the backplate heatsink to fit. This isn't an issue with the II's adhesive heatsinks. That being said, I'm not entirely sure what makes the Twin Turbo II incompatible. It's probably a good idea to contact Arctic directly about why it's incompatible. My best guess is that the heatsink or heatpipe might be too close to the motherboard. 

Alternatively, you could get the Extreme IV which Arctic confirmed as compatible. https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Accelero-Efficient-VRM-Cooling-DCACO-V800001-GBA01/dp/B00HHMJIIO

15c7260cb552e87afd44946628d08460.png

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Twin Turbo III isn't any more compatible than the II. The modding that needs to be done is cutting the backplate heatsink to fit. This isn't an issue with the II's adhesive heatsinks. That being said, I'm not entirely sure what makes the Twin Turbo II incompatible. It's probably a good idea to contact Arctic directly about why it's incompatible. My best guess is that the heatsink or heatpipe might be too close to the motherboard. 

Alternatively, you could get the Extreme IV which Arctic confirmed as compatible. https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Accelero-Efficient-VRM-Cooling-DCACO-V800001-GBA01/dp/B00HHMJIIO

15c7260cb552e87afd44946628d08460.png

I will purchase the xtreme IV. Will the extra fan cause any issues. I have a 500W Cheap PSU. Sounds silly but I’m really new to this lol. 

Also about the Turbo III I don’t undertand how arctic can list it compatible with the RX580 if I have to cut the heatsink. Are you sure I must do so? If so can you also confirm that the xtreme Iv won’t need any modding?