-3c....what......

so my brand new cpu showes himself going at -3c...sometimes going up to 2c....

and im dam confused...i got a brand new 1920x and a asus prime-A

all brand new WHY will it fuck up somthing as simple as tempreture...

cpu: 5950x

mobo: asus tuf pro x570

gpu: 3090 FE 

ram: 32gb G.SKILL Trident Z 3200 c14

psu: Antec HCP1300w Platinum (overkill i know...got it for a good price)

thats all needed right?...i didnt study for this exam....

what is the ambient temperature in the room? amd cpus use an offset when reporting the temperature if i am not mistaken.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Are you seeing this in the OS or in the BIOS?

both....in some progrems i see it as -3 some show static 68...and i know for a fact it isnt 68.

11 minutes ago, orze said:

both....in some progrems i see it as -3 some show static 68...and i know for a fact it isnt 68.

We know it's not -3°C either. What's the motherboard model and what is the BIOS revision?

14 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

We know it's not -3°C either. What's the motherboard model and what is the BIOS revision?

no clue whats the bios but tis brand new

and as i wrote allready its a x399 asus prime-A

on the website it shows only 1 bios option so...id give a gess that...

1 hour ago, orze said:

so my brand new cpu showes himself going at -3c...sometimes going up to 2c....

and im dam confused...i got a brand new 1920x and a asus prime-A

all brand new WHY will it fuck up somthing as simple as tempreture...

Terrible time to buy a brand new Threadripper when the new ones are available for pre-order and will release in a few weeks.

9 minutes ago, orze said:

no clue whats the bios but tis brand new

on the website it shows only 1 bios option so...id give a gess that...

There's multiple BIOS versions listed on the Asus website for that board. The website only shows the most recent version by default, you will need to click the "See all downloads" button to show the older versions.
https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-X399-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

The latest version appears to be 0601 released 2018/05/02. You should try updating to that version as it does sound like it could be a BIOS issue not reporting the temperature sensors correctly.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Terrible time to buy a brand new Threadripper when the new ones are available for pre-order and will release in a few weeks.

There's multiple BIOS versions listed on the Asus website for that board. The website only shows the most recent version by default, you will need to click the "See all downloads" button to show the older versions.
https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-X399-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

The latest version appears to be 0601 released 2018/05/02. You should try updating to that version as it does sound like it could be a BIOS issue not reporting the temperature sensors correctly.

well givenn i got my 1920x for lower then 1900x price im happy. got it from a guy of who got had a few problems at the end so he sold it fast

so i got it brand new for a dumb low price so i dont mind....

on the bios ill try updating and see and hope it fix it.

17 minutes ago, orze said:

You wrote "asus prime-A" & skipped the numbers which doesn't help me identify the exact board. So it's the X399. In the BIOS it should tell you the revision number. What you can do is look at the BIOS updates available above it and see if the update notes mention anything about correcting improper temperature values. Even if they don't it could still fix it potentially.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

You wrote "asus prime-A" & skipped the numbers which doesn't help me identify the exact board. So it's the X399. In the BIOS it should tell you the revision number. What you can do is look at the BIOS updates available above it and see if the update notes mention anything about correcting improper temperature values. Even if they don't it could still fix it potentially.

dont want to sound insultinnng but what other 1920x goes on a  prime-a.....1+1 dude...

Just now, orze said:

well givenn i got my 1920x for lower then 1900x price im happy. got it from a guy of who got had a few problems at the end so he sold it fast

so i got it brand new for a dumb low price so i dont mind....

Did the previous owner have problems with the 1920x? If so, what were the problems they described when you purchased it from them? Were they experiencing the same temperature sensor fault that you are experiencing?

Just as a side note; If you bought the CPU 2nd hand off someone who had previously used it who claimed they had issues with it and that it was potentially faulty when they sold it to you, it's not considered "brand new" as you have stated 5 times in this thread already.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, orze said:

dont want to sound insultinnng but what other 1920x goes on a  prime-a.....1+1 dude...

That may be the case with this particular ASUS series board because the sTR4 socket is a little unique meaning there is few if any variants but you have to understand where the community comes from. Exact part numbers are important. Without them we may feed the person who is calling for help misinformation if we just go off guesses because the person asking for help didn't give 100% of their effort.

With other sockets naming schemes commonly overlap causing people to confuse one board with another when the person who needs help doesn't supply exact model numbers. So you can't exactly blame me for acting this way.

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Did the previous owner have problems with the 1920x? If so, what were the problems they described when you purchased it from them? Were they experiencing the same temperature sensor fault that you are experiencing?

Just as a side note; If you bought the CPU 2nd hand off someone who had previously used it who claimed they had issues with it and that it was potentially faulty when they sold it to you, it's not considered "brand new" as you have stated 5 times in this thread already.

money issues not problem with the cpu.

hte thing was sealed brand new of the box.

also updated the bios it did update from like 0380 to the newer 1 so a big update but still same problem...

No other option...just let it think its -4c....?

i got a good cooling so on thaat regarad i knnow im fine....i just wanted to see normal temps

got a pic.Untitled2.thumb.png.4991f1154cf0b7e1247b665243dd5f5b.png