Replacement Fan for Noctua l9i or l9a

VMBRA_
Go to solution Solved by VMBRA_,
22 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Due to the limited clearance available in the case, the cooler would need to use a slim case fan unless you cut an opening into the side panel. If you go that route, you can use thicker fans and a fan grill to prevent things from falling into the blades.

Otherwise, the only fan that comes to mind is a D90SH-12B.

Thank you man but I already Solved the Problem. I Painted the fans :)
The Truth I dont like the aesthetics of the noctua fans. I like the power though. So a little spray went a long way.

hi guys can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction. My AM4 stock cooler doesnot fit in my Inwin chopin. So I was planning in buying a noctua NH l9a or l9i to replace it. Problem is: Idont like the color of the fan. As it seems it is compatible with pwm fans 92x92 mm. So if anyone knows some White/black or just Black fans that I can switch from the originals, I would be most grateful :)

24 minutes ago, VMBRA_ said:

hi guys can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction. My AM4 stock cooler doesnot fit in my Inwin chopin. So I was planning in buying a noctua NH l9a or l9i

The L9a is for AMD, the L9i is for intel.

Honestly I'd stick witht eh noctua fan because A, almost every other 92mm fan sucks, and B you probably wont be able to see it in that case anyways.

Alternatively you could always go with the Cryorig C7

Image result for in win chopin

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

same case as mine :D same color too :D ty bro :D I Needed to see that. Amazon here I go :D:D:D 

If you plan to change fan to something else than Noctua, you might as well just change cooler. Noctua is top end because they have designed coolers to work with their fans. You will loose something from performance by using other fans.

Back when LTT did cooler reviews and comparison, they used F12s for all coolers to measure just heatsink performance. I don't know if chart is still available, but they got bit better results with H100i and Noctua fans than H100i and stock fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What cpu are you cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 19/07/2018 at 5:42 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What cpu are you cooling?

ryzen 5 2400g

On 7/22/2018 at 6:20 AM, VMBRA_ said:

ryzen 5 2400g

Due to the limited clearance available in the case, the cooler would need to use a slim case fan unless you cut an opening into the side panel. If you go that route, you can use thicker fans and a fan grill to prevent things from falling into the blades.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

22 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thank you man but I already Solved the Problem. I Painted the fans :)
The Truth I dont like the aesthetics of the noctua fans. I like the power though. So a little spray went a long way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2018 at 9:42 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Do you think the cryorig c7 would work in there? also I dont know if it would work with that PSU/Processor. I read itonly works with 95W TDP processors and the 2400g is an 65W TDP one (whatever it means) and also the PSU that came with the inwin chopin is 150 Watts only.

Edited by VMBRA_
errors

On 10/07/2018 at 10:59 PM, TVwazhere said:

The L9a is for AMD, the L9i is for intel.

Honestly I'd stick witht eh noctua fan because A, almost every other 92mm fan sucks, and B you probably wont be able to see it in that case anyways.

Alternatively you could always go with the Cryorig C7

Image result for in win chopin

does the c7 works??? :o

50 minutes ago, VMBRA_ said:

Do you think the cryorig c7 would work in there? also I dont know if it would work with that PSU/Processor. I read itonly works with 95W TDP processors and the 2400g is an 65W TDP one (whatever it means) and also the PSU that came with the inwin chopin is 150 Watts only.

Yes the Cryorig C7 will work .That is the cooler shown in the photo above.

The TDP of a chip refers to the maximum amount of heat a computer chip will generate. As long as the TDP of your cooler is the same or higher than the CPU you're using, it's good.

The PSU has enough power in it to run your system. You dont need to worry about that.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yes the Cryorig C7 will work .That is the cooler shown in the photo above.

The TDP of a chip refers to the maximum amount of heat a computer chip will generate. As long as the TDP of your cooler is the same or higher than the CPU you're using, it's good.

The PSU has enough power in it to run your system. You dont need to worry about that.

Just bought it. :D god thank you, and amazon aswell :D