access shellinabox from anywhere

so i just got shellinabox setup on my server, but how do i access it from somewhere other than my home network

thanks

You could just portforward it from your router to your server, but this might not be the most safe option.

Another way would be to setup a VPN server on your home network and make it accessible from the internet so you can create a secure connection to your home network and have access to your server from there.

On 6/17/2018 at 5:39 AM, Cupar19 said:

so i just got shellinabox setup on my server, but how do i access it from somewhere other than my home network

thanks

Some people never learn.. you tell them all the right things to do and one guy comes and confirms their wrong idea and they just roll with it.

Just ... Use ... SSH

You don't need to bolt a web server to it, unless (and this is extremely rare) your in some kind or weird (really weird) environment like a corporate proxy is the only way to get to something.. or you heavily restricted by your ISP and even if you are restricted, you could still just stick the sshd on port 443.

The reason people build stuff like shellinabox is for html admin panels like webmin etc.. and if you needed one.. : dramatic pause : why not use webmin?? Beats rolling your own solution where your apt to shoot your foot off.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law