Linus visits the SKETCHIEST sites on the Web

On 6/10/2018 at 3:50 PM, coonwhiz said:

So I downloaded and installed it from your link. It is giving me an expiry date of 31 days from now. I thought it would be 6 months from now?5b1d80d73f9e2_BitDefenderexpirydate.PNG.6dbe2c79755698b0d737907e63497786.PNG

no that's is an error 

On 6/11/2018 at 1:13 AM, valdyrgramr said:

Common sense, hm...weren't you a victim of social engineering?

His provider was tricked into giving away his number for 2FA.

Well done Linus, hit the fragile backup disk repeatedly!

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Too late, already in the bios.  xD But, common sense would be not to go to a provider who falls for that.

Probability would dictate that there would be at least one provider employee who would fall for that ;)

On 6/11/2018 at 5:28 PM, DKL said:

Criticisms aside for a moment. My main questions are: What are the differences between Bitdefender and Malwarebytes? Is there anything this does better? Anything to make the price worth it over just purchasing Malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes is specifically classified as antimalware meaning that it's generally good at various things but does not excel in one area, resulting in lower detection rates. Bitdefender is touted as an antivirus and absolutely excels at detecting viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc. Bitdefender is usually tied with Kaspersky for having the highest detection rates in the industry, though that can sometimes lead to the program being overzealous on occasion but that's easy enough to deal with. Malwarebytes is good for on-demand scans but for active protection, Bitdefender is absolutely better.

Also, a lot of people are saying common sense is good enough. Well it's not all the time considering the Internet is filled with automatic scanners searching for vulnerabilities on connected servers and clients. Depending on the vulnerability, users wouldn't even notice they are being attacked. One example I can think of is EternalBlue (now patched).

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

48 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Aren't they trained not to fall for that?

Linus' provider certainly didn't. Even if you train them it can be a hard decision to either deny access if one thing does not match up and be seen as a heartless company or relax security measures to reduce false positives while allowing more scams to succeed.

21 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Even my carrier isn't that simple, but maybe don't hire softhearted people when it comes to security?

That would be optimal however most companies do not have the option to be picky when it comes to customer support - reducing the possible worker supply will necessitate a wage increase (I assume).

Folks, just download BitDefender Antivirus Free edition.

It uses a lot less CPU cycles than Windows Defender, that is a CPU hog. Really eats up the cycles.

Just get that if you don't want to pay for a suite or use a suite.

Nothing happens when I clicked the "Get it now". It just gone and nothing happens.

image.png.8540d194f0c9a4477ecedacf79baa78d.png

I already tried cleaning chrome, nothing happens, and tried different e-mail, stick doesn't work. When I try to click "Get it NOW", the button disappears and nothing happens. Checked my e-mail, nothing is received. Any idea guys?

@ShnxxxContact Bitdefender's Support. 

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

On 6/16/2018 at 8:45 AM, DKL said:

@ShnxxxContact Bitdefender's Support. 

Tried it since yesterday and until now but they are not responding. :(

On 6/17/2018 at 8:46 AM, Shnxxx said:

Tried it since yesterday and until now but they are not responding. :(

If you don't get a reply within the next 8 hours from someone at Bitdefender's support team, can you send me a direct message here?

Linus should do a try, like an average user would do. Go the Sketchiest sites, watch some most-definitely not adult content, than when the OS start to act funny, try to save the things he got on the system with the bitdefender.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... Except the bear... It will kill you.

On 6/10/2018 at 1:58 PM, GabenJr said:

Thanks to Bitdefender for sponsoring this video! If you're new to Bitdefender and want to try it for yourself you can get six months of Bitdefender Total Security service FREE at https://www.bitdefender.com/GetTotalSecurityLy

What happens when Linus throws caution to the wind and visits some of the sketchiest sites on the internet?

Hey i have an idea. Here is a website guarenteed to give you a virus if you want one or all of them if you have the patience to download the entire virus database.

http://83.133.184.251/virensimulation.org/

If that link doesn't work just google "VX Heavens" and click on the one that makes the most sense. however, most of these viruses are pretty old and might not work with bit defender. just put them all in one folder and press ctrl+a and enter. see what happens. and please record it so we can see too

I use linux for the free movie/tv sites. I have never trusted windows...

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR