Console to buy

saddly

Hello
I'm wondering about buying a PS4, but I have no idea if it's worth to buy regular version (or slim), or just straight up PS4 Pro.
I'm mainly PC gamer but want to play exclusives, I would prolly buy a second-hand console.

Thanks for help :)

the ps4 slim would be a good option but it depends on what exsclusives.

It depends on exactly what you want and how often you play it.

If you have a UHD-capable TV or want the improved graphics or framerates, get the PS4 Pro. If you are fine with the standard model and/or don't care for the Pro's enhancements, then the standard PS4 Slim will be fine.

I would personally go Slim because if it's just for exclusives, I won't be as concerned with graphics and just want a gateway to the PS4 exclusive library.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

The slim is a great option if you just want it to play exclusives. It came out more recently than the original blocky ps4 and you can usually find them for a good price if you are buying second hand. The problem with the ps4 pro is that if you aren't someone that can spend too much money then the pro will be a problem. Retail is around $400  US if I remember correctly.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

5 hours ago, saddly said:

Hello

One more vote for the Slim, they should be plentiful in the second hand market and AFAIK they should be a little quieter than the first model. Unless you can find a really good deal for Pro, it's probably not worth the extra cost. Better refresh could be just around the corner.

Edited by Crunchy Dragon

4 hours ago, saddly said:

Hello
I'm wondering about buying a PS4, but I have no idea if it's worth to buy regular version (or slim), or just straight up PS4 Pro.
I'm mainly PC gamer but want to play exclusives, I would prolly buy a second-hand console.

Thanks for help :)

If you are a casual, don't care and just want to play for an hour or two, Slim is an option.

If you really want to use the console, yesa the PS4 PRO is the way to go, even without 4k TV.

The advantages are: 
Super Sampling mode on some games

More Details or higher resolution

better frames

@tatte

Consoles are indeed more energy efficient!

PS4 PRO consumes something around 100-180W, depending on the Game.

The PS4 Slim is a bit lower (can't find the figures I've seen right now)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

The cheapest I could find for PS4 Pro is around 325 USD, and for slim it's around 190 USD, they are converted from PLN so they might be different than prices in US.

edit.
I'm really a more of a PC gamer with games like CS, Fortnite and the others.

11 hours ago, saddly said:

The cheapest I could find for PS4 Pro is around 325 USD, and for slim it's around 190 USD, they are converted from PLN so they might be different than prices in US.

https://geizhals.de/?cat=conps4&xf=9957_PlayStation+4+Pro

The cheapest ones are 379,99€ but without Games -> useless for you.

Because a Console without games is just an expensive Paper Weight.

As for the games: Try Horizon Zero Dawn (well, it was on sale over the weekend) and God of War.

And try to not get games that aren't on sale...

Except if you want to play a new game right now (like god of war).

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"