games with campaigns

Just now, fpo said:

Or just good recommendations. 

Minecraft is always fun to mess around with. I haven't played as much in recent months, but I still do some things every now and then.

Check out They Are Billions too, that's a lot of fun.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

If you want just story, I suggest checking out Oxenfree.

Looks good! I added it to my wishlist. 
I also added limbo because I didn't get that game. I played the demo for limbo but didn't get it. 
Whatever you have to recommend works for me! 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Minecraft is always fun to mess around with. I haven't played as much in recent months, but I still do some things every now and then.

Haven't played minecraft in a while. Not many friends play it anymore so it's a bit difficult to get back into it. 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Check out They Are Billions too, that's a lot of fun.

Looks pretty cool! I added it to my wishlist. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Looks good! I added it to my wishlist. 
I also added limbo because I didn't get that game. I played the demo for limbo but didn't get it. 
Whatever you have to recommend works for me! 

The Flame in the Flood is also currently free through Humble Bundle. It's free so why not right?

33 minutes ago, fpo said:

Witcher 2 (Didn't like it that much. Also it glitched the tutorial.)

Witcher 3 goty?  from my understanding it is a lot different / better than witcher 2.

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

The Flame in the Flood is also currently free through Humble Bundle. It's free so why not right?

Thanks! I picked that up earlier today! 

Spoiler

I follow this guy on youtube and he usually gets spammed "LOOK FREE GAEMZZZ" so I find him helpful
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Cj7VhPm234Zclm0_rTGPg

1 minute ago, Beowulff83 said:

Witcher 3 goty?  from my understanding it is a lot different / better than witcher 2.

Is it too open though? I like stalker but there's too much freedom. (One reason why I couldn't get too far in STALKER)
I hear people sorta compare it to skyrim and skyrim is kinda fun but there's too many dungeons and they're kinda all the same. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Is it too open though? I like stalker but there's too much freedom.

Tough one to answer, I am not familiar with stalker. I would say it is as open as you let it.  The story is pretty linear but you can get caught up in side quests if you let yourself.  The quest system is Tiered: Main quests, Secondary quests, Witcher contracts, Treasure hunts.  You can stick with the story of the main quests, but you will probably miss a lot i would suggest if you give it a go, do some secondary quests along with the main quests.

GTA 5, Rise of the tomb raider, resident evil 7 and dying light are some of my favorites.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Ever try borderlands? The 2nd game is pretty great. It's kinda open world but the story line is a guided open world. And everyone loves handsome jack

13 hours ago, Beowulff83 said:

snip

STALKER doesn't make you do anything & it's extroadinarily open ended. 

11 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

GTA 5, Rise of the tomb raider, resident evil 7 and dying light are some of my favorites.

I actually played GTA, and Dying light. I added rise of the tomb raider to a wishlist & I'm not much of a fan of horror games like Resident Evil 7. Any other recommendations?

11 hours ago, cowpker4life said:

Ever try borderlands? The 2nd game is pretty great. It's kinda open world but the story line is a guided open world. And everyone loves handsome jack

Yeah I played them all when they came out. I think I pre-ordered Borderlands 2. 

Thanks to everyone for recommendations. If anyone has anything more unknown please let me know! 

Give BioShock Infinite a whirl. :)

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

5 minutes ago, Hasle said:

Give BioShock Infinite a whirl. :)

Thanks! I actually played that on 360. Got it for free with Xbox live a while ago. 
I've played the other 2 bio-shocks as well. 
Any other recommendations?

I also played 7554 (It's terrible. Don't believe the "It's just like call of duty.") & black site area 51 (Doesn't work on my pc :( I don't have Windows XP anymore. I had it on PS3) Forgot to list them. 

9 hours ago, fpo said:

I actually played GTA, and Dying light. I added rise of the tomb raider to a wishlist & I'm not much of a fan of horror games like Resident Evil 7. Any other recommendations?

for some reason i liked watchdogs 2 a fair bit, it's not everyone that likes it but i found it pretty nice...

Battlefield 1 has a nice single player compaign but it's worth the purchase mostly for online multiplayer.

My last one is a game that has got so many ppl shitting on it but batman arkham knight was a lot of fun for me...it ran like shit at the time it launched but with a powerful machine now it runs great and its a good quality game...very entertaining imo...and the graphics are beautiful.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

On 5/12/2018 at 12:46 AM, i_build_nanosuits said:

Yeah Dying Light is incredible, though the full version of the game is a must since it contains the true ending.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:24 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

for some reason i liked watchdogs 2 a fair bit, it's not everyone that likes it but i found it pretty nice...

Battlefield 1 has a nice single player compaign but it's worth the purchase mostly for online multiplayer.

My last one is a game that has got so many ppl shitting on it but batman arkham knight was a lot of fun for me...it ran like shit at the time it launched but with a powerful machine now it runs great and its a good quality game...very entertaining imo...and the graphics are beautiful.

Someone recommended me watch dogs in the past. I got the first one for free with uPlay for some special. 
I played a little of Battlefield 1 campaign on my friends PS4. I'm not too much of a fan of the newer battlefield games. I loved Battlefront Bad Company 2 because you could blow up everything & there were tanks. I loved Battlefield 3 because Rush was really balanced & had onslaughts of battle with clear objectives. And aircraft. 

On 5/13/2018 at 2:45 AM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yeah Dying Light is incredible, though the full version of the game is a must since it contains the true ending.

I have the Definitive edition I think. It came with all the DLC. I didn't unlock guns yet. 
SPOILER:

Spoiler

I met the bad guy faction and did 1 or 2 missions for them. That's as far as I got. 
I rarely beat games anymore. I just start new games. :P
The parkour is really fun in it. It felt a bit limited compared to mirror's edge but I got used to the shorter jumping height. 

I thoroughly enjoyed The Talos Principle, it's a puzzle game that makes you think about the challenges and the story. I thought the puzzles were fun/hard enough but not too overwhelming and the story was spot on for me. Best way for me to describe it is Portal 1 & 2, but serious and it makes you question everything.

7 hours ago, Tm_Carbon said:

I thoroughly enjoyed The Talos Principle, it's a puzzle game that makes you think about the challenges and the story. I thought the puzzles were fun/hard enough but not too overwhelming and the story was spot on for me. Best way for me to describe it is Portal 1 & 2, but serious and it makes you question everything.

Thanks! I forgot why I removed it from my wishlist. 
Any other recommendations? That one was good. 

Dark Souls III too hard? It's the easiest game of the saga.

Mass Effect 1&2, Dragon Age Origins, dunno if you played it but Beyond good and evil... Far Cry 1 and 2, Wolfenstein pre 2009 games

Mount and Blade (and expansions), Crusader Kings, Kingdom Come Deliverance

I also liked Saints Row games it's kind of GTA style but with more fun, Sleeping Dogs has a similar style too, Just Cause, L.A. Noire (a bit boring imo)

Remember Me, Timeshift, Singularity, Quantum Break, Mirror's Edge, Dark Sector and Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided are all set in a dystopian future

Ghost Recon Wildlands is pretty good imo

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

@aezakmi Yes, I fought the first boss like 20 times and can’t beat him. Once he’s down to half health I have no idea what to do. He instantly attack’s without any telegraph and if you touch him he does damage to you. 

If the rest of the game is like this as it’s based around bosses, I can’t stand it then. 

As for your other recommendations I’ll add them to my wishlist. I haven’t played a lot. I tried crusader kings 2 and with a guide (at least 3+ videos at 20+ minutes a piece) i was not interested as it still didn’t get into how you’re supposed to play. The I’m game tutorial was not helpful either. It just told me what stuff was-not how to use them. 

After that recommendation I like a lot of things you listed. 

13 hours ago, fpo said:

Thanks! I forgot why I removed it from my wishlist. 
Any other recommendations? That one was good. 

I enjoyed Dishonored 1 and plan on getting the other two during the next steam sale. It gives you the option of doing some exploring if you choose to get better power ups, but you find the upgrades normally through the missions. I found Undertale refreshing (just stay away from the fandom, that was the main reason it took me so long to play).