games with campaigns

PREFACE
Before the steam sale I list a lot of games. For your sake you might want to check them out. Just apologize to your wallet and do 3 hail Gordon's to Lord Gaben for each you add to your wishlist. 

QUESTION:

I need some games with campaign recommendations. 
I liked Titanfall 2, I previously enjoyed the Modern Warfare series, and previously liked Half life. Medal of Honor Airborne was okay. I'm just really lacking games with experiences. 

I did play Fallout 3 new vegas, 4, skyrim, this war of mine & unreal tournament 2004. However I'm not much of a fan for the open world/replay ability games.

The games aren't bad. I just played them before or found the experience okay at best. Does anyone have any linear recommendations for PC games on Steam/gog/the internet that kinda just let you go through the game? I'm not opposed to random generation like Minecraft and cloudberry kingdom. I quite liked those games. 

I don't like distractions like 2016's doom collectibles & upgrade system. 
Dark Souls 3 is too hard. 
I liked Resident Evil 6 but I've played Resident evil 5 & I don't like the horror aspects of Resident Evil 7. 

Anyone have recommendations for maybe more obscure games? I like having options in games like SWAT 4, rainbow six vegas & titanfall give you. 
Long list of single-player/campaign games I have in my steam library that I played

Spoiler

7554 (DON'T GET IT!)
Arma series. 
Assassins creed series
Bioshock series
Black Mesa
Blacksite: Area 51
Borderlands Series
Call of Duty Series
Civilization 5 (Won't work on my PC. idk why.)
Cloudberry Kingdom
Command and Conquer series
Counter Strike Deleted Scenes
Cross Code
Dark Messiah Might and Magic
Dark Souls
Dawn of War Series

Dead Island series
Dead Rising series
Dead Space series
Deus Ex games
Division Tom Clancy
Doom Series
DoorKickers
Eye Divine Cybermancy
ElderScrolls series
Enslaved Odyssey To the West
Fallout Series (1990s and bethesda)
Far Cry series
Fear series
Freeman Guerrilla Warfare
Faster Than Light
Gothic series
Grand Theft Auto Series
Grey Goo wouldn't work on my computer
Half Life Series
Halo series (The 1st 2 games and halo wars games)
Haydee
Homefront
Hotline Miami
Impossible Creatures
Kholat 
Killing Floor

Knights of the Old Republic (I couldn't get into it.) 
Left 4 Dead series
The Long Dark
Mass Effect series
Medal of Honor games
Metal Gear Solid series
Metro 2033 series
Shadow of Mordor
Mirrors edge
No More Room in Hell
Oddworld games
Offworld Trading Company
Outlast
Portal series

prototype series
Rainbow six series
Psychonauts
Resident evil games
Stalker series (Oddly I liked Clear Sky the most. But just the starting area.)
Saints Row Series
Savage Lands
Shadow Complex

Sims
Space Engineers
Space Hulk (Board game)
Space Hulk: Deathwing (Bad FPS-DON'T BOTHER WITH IT AT ALL)
Spec Ops: The Line
Spore
Stanley Parable (I'm not a fan of this type of English humor. Sorry!)
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
Star Wars Republic commando

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (The only one that should exist. 2005)
State of Decay (Loved it until the game glitched and killed my character)
Swat 4
System Shock 2
This War of Mine
Splinter Cell Blacklist
TitanFall 2
Tomb Raider 2013
Total War Attila (It's fun just.... Too mentally demanding. I want to relax more when gaming.) 
Turok series 
Umbrella corps
Unreal Tournament 2004
Space Marine (2011 Warhammer 40K game)
Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic

Witcher 2 (Didn't like it that much. Also it glitched the tutorial.)
Wolfenstein Bethesda games. 
World of Warcraft (It's an MMO but you can play it by yourself and I loved it.)

Some Games I was thinking of getting. Any thoughts? Any other suggestions? If nothing is said I will likely go for Darkwood and Eurotruck. 

Spoiler

Age of Empires 2 (I love RTS Games but I don't like gathering fruit and upgrading guys individually. Nor do I want some complicated game. I liked Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and Command and conquor because there wasn't a ton of unnecessary complexity to it.)

Battletech

Blood Bowl 2

Darkwood (It's open world but Mandalore gaming did a review and it looked cool. Do you think it's worth it or too open? 

Crysis 2 

Eco

ELEX (Made by the guys that made gothic. Not sure if it's too open.)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (It's open world but it tells you what to do. Like it takes you on a tour and shows you what to do. It looks relaxing. I have an xbox controller.)

Hob

Hollow Knight (Scared it'll be too hard.)

Quake 1996 & 1998

Ruiner (I don't know if upgrades are going to bog down gameplay or not. )

Unreal Tournament (1999 version)

Valiant Hearts 

Yonder: The cloud catcher chronicles (Also might be open world but it looks like breath of the wild. I haven't played BOTW so idk.)

Y Lands

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Anyone have recommendations for maybe more obscure games?

Don't know how obscure Stalker is, but I hear it's pretty good.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Rise of the Tomb Raider was pretty good, honestly I think it was even a bit better than the 2013 game

"Every program needs 2 things: 1: A dark theme... and 2: A 'Fuck off!' button, no exceptions!" -Me

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Don't know how obscure Stalker is, but I hear it's pretty good.

I actually played all 3 of them. I noted them in my list of games I played but don't expect anyone to read through it haha. 
I didn't get far in any of them due to having too much freedom. Especially with the Call of Chernobyl mod. 

Just now, JustMATT said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider was pretty good, honestly I think it was even a bit better than the 2013 game

I still need to play that...

Not sure if my 780 is up to the task though.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, ILiketoMobit said:

If you would like being hit in the head, Spec Ops the Line has a "good" campaign.

I actually beat that twice. It was really good.  Well done. 

Just now, JustMATT said:

I'll add it to the wishlist. I saw a lot of benchmarks for it. I liked collecting things in the 2013 one. 

I was writing a post about my experiences with campaign-based games, and this one came to mind:

Cave Story.

It's an amazing retro game from 2001. A lot of people haven't heard of it, even though it's really popular. I recommend this game to pretty much everyone, it's just so good. One of the best games I've ever played.

Just now, asus killer said:

you'll love wolfenstein.

I liked the old blood by bethesda but couldn't get into the new order. 
Are you recommending one of the older ones? I haven;t played the original, return to castle wolfenstein but I tried the demo for the xbox 360 one. 

I still need to play that...

Not sure if my 780 is up to the task though.

It ran pretty well on my RX470, my CPU started crying in the bigger areas though, was still playable, not the greatest, but definitely playable if you are used to how well your hard ware performs, what surprised me though was that for some reason HairFX made literally NO DIFFERENCE to the performance, DX12 helped a lot as I recall

"Every program needs 2 things: 1: A dark theme... and 2: A 'Fuck off!' button, no exceptions!" -Me

Just now, fpo said:

I liked the old blood by bethesda but couldn't get into the new order. 
Are you recommending one of the older ones? I haven;t played the original, return to castle wolfenstein but I tried the demo for the xbox 360 one. 

the new colossus. Amazing campaign and story, funny as hell.

I actually never played the new order.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I was writing a post about my experiences with campaign-based games, and this one came to mind:

Cave Story.

It's an amazing retro game from 2001. A lot of people haven't heard of it, even though it's really popular. I recommend this game to pretty much everyone, it's just so good. One of the best games I've ever played.

Would you say this version would suffice? Some remasters mess up the game so I hear. (Supposedly Dead island definitive edition messed up the game to some people.) 
https://store.steampowered.com/app/200900/Cave_Story/

OH MY GOD I HATE THAT I FORGOT UNTIL NOW, YOU NEED TO PLAY KOTOR 1 AND 2 RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Just now, fpo said:

Would you say this version would suffice? Some remasters mess up the game so I hear. (Supposedly Dead island definitive edition messed up the game to some people.) 
https://store.steampowered.com/app/200900/Cave_Story/

That version is quite different from the original. You can download it here: https://www.cavestory.org/

Just now, asus killer said:

the new colossus. Amazing campaign and story, funny as hell.

I actually never played the new order.

I'll try it out. I heard some people disliked it & it scored some mixed reviews. Likely due to the wheel chair sequence. Added to wishlist. 

1 minute ago, JustMATT said:

OH MY GOD I HATE THAT I FORGOT UNTIL NOW, YOU NEED TO PLAY KOTOR 1 AND 2 RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I actually listed them. I got KOTOR 1 but couldn't get into it. You have to admit the game-play is a bit dated at this point. I tried but it's a little too clunky. I can to play them again but it'll take some effort. 

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That version is quite different from the original. You can download it here: https://www.cavestory.org/

It's just free? 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

It's just free? 

That is the beauty of the game, my friend. Totally free, runs on pretty much anything.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That is the beauty of the game, my friend. Totally free, runs on pretty much anything.

Downloading English translated by Aeon Genesis. Hopefully that one isn't a virus! :P

1 minute ago, fpo said:

I actually listed them. I got KOTOR 1 but couldn't get into it. You have to admit the game-play is a bit dated at this point. I tried but it's a little too clunky. I can to play them again but it'll take some effort. 

It's just free? 

the gameplay is pretty dated yeah, but the story and choice you get is what started choices in games today, bioware (was) known for their moral-player-decision-based stories (Mass Effect trilogy? [we don't mention the pretender]) and that was all based on what they made in kotor 1, and their whole time as a company since was spent trying to re-make that in as good a way as what kotor 1 did

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Downloading English translated by Aeon Genesis. Hopefully that one isn't a virus! :P

It's not. I've had this installed on more or less all the computers I've owned for years.

1 minute ago, JustMATT said:

the gameplay is pretty dated yeah, but the story and choice you get is what started choices in games today, bioware (was) known for their moral-player-decision-based stories (Mass Effect trilogy? [we don't mention the pretender]) and that was all based on what they made in kotor 1, and their whole time as a company since was spent trying to re-make that in as good a way as what kotor 1 did

I'll re-download it and try to give it another go. 
Some people said Andromeda was good. I got it but still have to try it. (There was a huge sale. It was like 10 dollars)

It's not. I've had this installed on more or less all the computers I've owned for years.

Cool! Do you have any other obscure games? 

Spoiler

Doesn't have to be this obscure but this obscure or more is pretty good

To everyone if you have more recommendations list them all out. I'm taking notes. 

Just now, fpo said:

Cool! Do you have any other obscure games?

Something might come up.

I'm not good with obscure games since they're, well, obscure...

Something might come up.

I'm not good with obscure games since they're, well, obscure...

Or just good recommendations.