Superlux 681 evo VS Superlux 668B

drkknghtavngr

If you only have to pick between the two, which one would you get and why?

I need a budget headphone for gaming/movies :D

Neither! F*** Superlux. 

- Superlux HD 681 Evo were designed to fit a grapefruit instead of a human head. The ergonomics are poop. The earpads are slightly too small so they pinch the extremities of the ears. The headband is so tight. And the HD 681 Evo sounds muddy, because the Superlux 681 was a treble bazooka so Superlux *fixed that issue with the 681 Evo by killing the treble. 

- Superlux 668B is closer to the Superlux 681 (the treble bazookas). The treble is so horrible on these that people jam toilet paper into the earpads to tame things down. Ergonomics are also a problem, but you can fix that by bending the metal flaps to fit your head. I dunno, this might be the better choice, after a lot of modding to make things tamer and comfier. 

What’s your budget? You got to give me something to work with. Life is too short to wear Superlux headphones. You don’t have to experience misery. Just spare a little more $. You won’t regret it. 

People are are hyping the max out of the Monoprice Retro for $30 (if you live in the USA). 

20 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Neither! F*** Superlux. 

- Superlux HD 681 Evo were designed to fit a grapefruit instead of a human head. The ergonomics are poop. The earpads are slightly too small so they pinch the extremities of the ears. The headband is so tight. And the HD 681 Evo sounds muddy, because the Superlux 681 was a treble bazooka so Superlux *fixed that issue with the 681 Evo by killing the treble. 

- Superlux 668B is closer to the Superlux 681 (the treble bazookas). The treble is so horrible on these that people jam toilet paper into the earpads to tame things down. Ergonomics are also a problem, but you can fix that by bending the metal flaps to fit your head. I dunno, this might be the better choice, after a lot of modding to make things tamer and comfier. 

What’s your budget? You got to give me something to work with. Life is too short to wear Superlux headphones. You don’t have to experience misery. Just spare a little more $. You won’t regret it. 

People are are hyping the max out of the Monoprice Retro for $30 (if you live in the USA). 

The thing is people also recommended me the Retros before but its $90 here the Philippines which I dont think its worth it compared to the superlux which is only $40-$50 shipped to my door. HOWEVER I think I can order or amazon but the shipping cost will make it $55 which I dont think its worth and the shipping is also probably gonna take a long time... I dont know... Is the Retros really worth the shipping cost and time???