Best Cheap Silent Fans

c00lFD

My computer is bugging me. It is already quiet, and some people even say that it is silent, but its still annoying me. I decided that the best thing to do is to change my fans. I was looking for a cheap silent exhaust fan and possibly some fans for my AIO (In a pull Config). 

Just now, SuperCloneRanger said:

before i recommend new ones, have you tried modifying the fan settings in the bios.

Yes, its already quiet, I'm just a silence freak.

Just now, c00lFD said:

Yes, its already quiet, I'm just a silence freak.

The lazy way is to spin them even slower. Almost all fans ive used can be basically slient if spun slow enough. Just put a resistor in or get a custom fan controller.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

The lazy way is to spin them even slower. Almost all fans ive used can be basically slient if spun slow enough. Just put a resistor in or get a custom fan controller.

if i spin them any slower temps start suffering.

whats your budget per fan?

do you want airflow or static pressure?

what size?

how many?

Also have you tried custom fan profiles?

and for reference you will never get everything, i don't know any setup that will give you good temps and silent operation whilst under load

1 minute ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

what size?

how many?

and for reference you will never get everything, i don't know any setup that will give you good temps and silent operation whilst under load

10 dollars per fan, airflow for exhaust, pressure for aio. 1 for exhaust (120 or 140), 2 for aio(120). I have tried custom fan profiles.

1 minute ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

what size?

how many?

You should always try to get sp. It performs better moving air through radiators, moving them through a bad airflow case, and its still better overall as Linus showed in an ncix tech tips video. 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

11 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Would they work for my aio or better as an exhaust?

for the exhaust. I have 2 of the 140mm fans and they are wonderful.

7 minutes ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

i don't know any setup that will give you good temps and silent operation whilst under load

3 gentle typhoons running at 550 rpm blowing through a PE 360 cools my 6950x and 980 ti very well.  Dead silent as well

20180221_173729.thumb.jpg.79b5ef192f8873fb263b1182a7f9e875.jpg

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

15 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Would they work for my aio or better as an exhaust?

The silent wings 3 would work better for the aio, though at that point you'd be better with a noise block eloop

Just now, Damascus said:

The silent wings 3 would work better for the aio, though at that point you'd be better with a noise block eloop

Okay, I'll look into them thanks. Probably won't replace the aio fans because they have to be low profile or else my Strix card doesn't fit lol.

7 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Okay, I'll look into them thanks. Probably won't replace the aio fans because they have to be low profile or else my Strix card doesn't fit lol.

What do you have on there right now?

OK @Damascus its possible with a custom loop and a thick 360 rad. but it is very difficult and op is unlikely going to achieve it with an AIO and $10 a fan.

@c00lFD It would help to know whats fans your currently using and the aio model and if it interferes with the graphics card i'm assuming you have the aio on front intake and a single 120(but can use a 140) on exhaust?

What are your specs and temps? What speed are you running your current fans at? 

Have you identified the components that are too noisy yet?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs and temps? What speed are you running your current fans at? 

Have you identified the components that are too noisy yet?

I know I'm answering late but might as well. CPU temps are 50C and GPU temps are 70 under synthetic load. The loudest part is the stock phanteks exhaust fan. The AIO fans could also use a bit of help, but they're reasonable enough (for me, most would be happy as is). 

20 hours ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

OK @Damascus its possible with a custom loop and a thick 360 rad. but it is very difficult and op is unlikely going to achieve it with an AIO and $10 a fan.

@c00lFD It would help to know whats fans your currently using and the aio model and if it interferes with the graphics card i'm assuming you have the aio on front intake and a single 120(but can use a 140) on exhaust?

The AIO is a CM MasterLiquid Lite 240 with the included fans. The exhaust is a stock 120 phanteks fan, i can run 140 in the back.

4 hours ago, c00lFD said:

I know I'm answering late but might as well. CPU temps are 50C and GPU temps are 70 under synthetic load. The loudest part is the stock phanteks exhaust fan. The AIO fans could also use a bit of help, but they're reasonable enough (for me, most would be happy as is). 

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs?

They're in my bio, sorry playing comp cant type them out.

3 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Ryzen 5 1600 at 1.264v at 50C and a GTX 1070 Strix OC at 67C

1 hour ago, c00lFD said:

You have plenty of headroom to lower fan speeds even more.

PW2's would be good for the rear exhaust: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/M6vZxr/be-quiet-pure-wings-2-120-870-cfm-120mm-fan-bl039

Magma Advance would be good for the rad: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kFBv6h/enermax-case-fan-ucmaa12a

If you'd prefer a neutral black, BlackSilentPros and SW3's are great alternatives:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HN8Zxr/noiseblocker-case-fan-nbblacksilentpropl2

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2rvZxr/be-quiet-bl068-733-cfm-120mm-fan-bl068

FYI, you can use the Edit button on your posts to add more info instead of making another post.