Why are normal macros banned but the ones that you can program on the mouse aren't in CSGO?

Boris_191

Why are mouse macros allowed in competitive games such as CSGO? It gives people an unfair advantage over the others. For example, one of my friends uses a macro for smokes. Don't you think in should be banned/ not allowed?

Nope. Just learn how they work and how to implement them and get better.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Just now, userzero said:

Nope. Just learn how they work and how to implement them and get better.

I do have a programmable mouse, and i'm thinking of putting some macros in it. Should i?

1 minute ago, Boris_191 said:

I do have a programmable mouse, and i'm thinking of putting some macros in it. Should i?

Why not? Do what you like?

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

because if your mouse requires a software to run, then it can be said that its just part of your mouse because it really is just a part of your mouse, personally i have a bhop macro that i use in comp, im learning scroll wheel but till i totally get it down im using the training wheels

1 hour ago, Spoonmice said:

because if your mouse requires a software to run, then it can be said that its just part of your mouse because it really is just a part of your mouse, personally i have a bhop macro that i use in comp, im learning scroll wheel but till i totally get it down im using the training wheels

whats the macro you use? asking for a friend :P

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

4 hours ago, Spoonmice said:

It doesn't, its optional

6 hours ago, Boris_191 said:

Why are mouse macros allowed in competitive games such as CSGO? It gives people an unfair advantage over the others. For example, one of my friends uses a macro for smokes. Don't you think in should be banned/ not allowed?

What says they're not? As far as I know most esports leagues ban macros of any kind, and if not they absolutely should.

If you're asking why doesn't the game itself detect and ban you then it's just probably because it not capable of detecting it.

On 21/02/2018 at 2:05 PM, Boris_191 said:

they are banned, its quite a big thing and if its found out you cpuld get a VAC ban...