PS2 Gmaes Question

Rambo3456

Hello i have recently got out my old ps2 and a bunch of games from my childhood i wanted to play them again but there all scratched from when i was a kid. after failing at that i tried downloading psx2 and a bunch of isos but the program is so glitchy and it takes way to long to get the right settings and even then they still don't work so I've given up on that. So is there anyway i can just create new game discs from the isos (i don't know much about how games are formatted on discs lol) or if it isnt possible can someone just send me a link to a place where i can buy PS2 Games For Dirt Cheap. Thank you.

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

Just now, Rambo3456 said:

Hello i have recently got out my old ps2 and a bunch of games from my childhood i wanted to play them again but there all scratched from when i was a kid. after failing at that i tried downloading psx2 and a bunch of isos but the program is so glitchy and it takes way to long to get the right settings and even then they still don't work so I've given up on that. So is there anyway i can just create new game discs from the isos (i don't know much about how games are formatted on discs lol) or if it isnt possible can someone just send me a link to a place where i can buy PS2 Games For Dirt Cheap. Thank you.

Also I've already tried buffing the disks to restore them. No success 

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

6 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

i think you'd need a modded ps2 to have the ISO work in it

Correct you need to have a Hardmodded (Chipped) console to play burned discs.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Just now, Ryoku said:

Correct you need to have a Hardmodded (Chipped) console to play burned discs.

is that the mod where you have to use a disk then replace it while it still spinning? or is that the xbox they do that with

Just now, CryptoMatt said:

is that the mod where you have to use a disk then replace it while it still spinning? or is that the xbox they do that with

i believe you have to jumper connections on the motherboard. IE a HARDWARE mod.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I don't know too much about this hardware mod thing but PS2 games are already quite cheap.You can get quite a bit for 10 dollars

Just look on ebay

My life

With PS2 there is a soft mod with mem card and a specific disk that once enabled gives you a boot loader that can read ISO's from connected HDD. That would be the easiest route.

Do you have a fat ps2 or a slimline? With fat ps2 you can get the modem/hard drive adapter, add a cheap 250GB IDE drive, and get a Free McBoot memory card off ebay to allow you to play ps2 isos off the hard drive. Slimline has some tricks for allowing you to open drive door while the disc is spinning to allow you to insert burned dvd games after running a specific dvd to bypass the security, though I forget the name of the dvd.

11 hours ago, Rambo3456 said:

1. what you are proposing is illegal.

2. No, you need a hardware modchip for that to work.

ANd those aren't made anymore.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

13 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

who cares if it’s illegal 

Linus Media Group cares if its illegal because they can get in trouble for shit like this.

Something to think about, isn't it?!

9 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

1. what you are proposing is illegal.

2. No, you need a hardware modchip for that to work.

ANd those aren't made anymore.

It's legal to make a copy of a game you own. If you need proof, Nintendo, who is known for dropping the hammer on copyright infringement swiftly, said this (emphasis mine):

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

i.e., it's legal to make your own copy from a legitimate one that you own.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

i.e., it's legal to make your own copy from a legitimate one that you own.

Yes, that it is in some/many regions.

Although it is not legal to bypass the copy protection, that is the problem here right now...

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Linus Media Group cares if its illegal because they can get in trouble for shit like this.

Something to think about, isn't it?!

no they wont. I dont think you know how anything works under that subject. its not illegal to talk about illegal stuff, its illegal to do it. 

if anything it will be against the LTT rules and stuff will delete the comments. but no one will be getting into any legal trouble over this. there are thousands of videos online of people hacking ps2's and guess what. none went to jail for it. maybe study america/canadian laws before saying anything.  maybe where you live it is but thats not where the server is hosted so it doesn't have the same jurisdiction 

and you can make a copy of an ISO you OWN so that is not an issue here as long as the OP is not lying. thats why im only going on about chipset hacking

Dude, just find a game store or, if you can find one, a video rental place that has a commercial buffer and have them repair your disc. Most DIY solutions don't work for crap. My parents had some jacked up Stargate DVDs (apparently there was a widespread manufacturing problem for the particular collection they had) so I took them to a local game shop. I had a membership there that got me so many disc repairs a month and I would just take a few in a month and have them fixed. They played perfectly. Took 30 seconds a disc. Also, had some old games that read like garbage that they fixed (used crap from GameStop, eBay, or freebies). Hell, Disc 1 of my copy of Tales of Symphonia for GameCube was practically unplayable in a GameCube (strangely, worked fine in a Wii). Now it works like new on anything.

That was when I lived in a big university town. Places like that were everywhere. Moved back to my much smaller home town and I still know at least two places 10 minutes or less from my house that can properly repair discs. That reminds me. Got a free copy of Mario Galaxy that won't read. Need to go the game store and get it fixed... and then buy something out of the glass case because I ALWAYS do that when I go in there.