How to I get as knowledgeable as Linus?

Really all it comes down to is following the Tech Industry for years and years.Linus used to be a higher up sales or marketing director at NCIX before he spun-off Linus Tech Tips and has been a bit of a nerd since his middle and high school days. There's no magic bullet for learning everything about this industry, just paying attention to events like CES and watching videos like Gamer's Nexus that really go more in depth about this type of thing.

Work in the tech industry to gain knowledge

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Can start by reading some books, but no amount of books will ever replace the true learning experience, and that's by getting your hands dirty. In other words you have to physically interact with the parts and learn as you go.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Every time you don't know something, Google it. That's it really. Since Linus has gradually done a lot of stuff, he's learned each step of the way.

I edit my posts a lot.

Tech Knowledge is not the only part of the formula. The ability to clearly and concisely communicate is key.  Have you taken a speech course?  Linus delivers nice flowing complete sentences.  If the delivery of message and info content gets in the way, I tune out and frequently turn off.   Oh, if your really cool background music makes every other word you say unintelligible, I am off to another content provider.  

Linus is no enginner or scientist. He is no expert on the theoretical and technical aspects of the technologies he review. This is true for nearly all the YouTube tech reviewers out there. I can’t recall how many times youtubers like jay2cents abuse terms like IPC left and right (e.g. overlocking a chip raises instruction per clock which is riddiculous) 

what  they are knowledgeable in however are information that are relevant to the consumers. They can tell which you which products are the better buy because of x y z which the consumer can understand. But don’t expect him to talk about something technical like the finite state machine diagram of a networking protocol when reviewing a wireless network adaptor for example.

Sudo make me a sandwich