What's the best cooler for RYZEN 5 1600?

Infow27
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
5 minutes ago, Infow27 said:

I live in India. The Cryorig H7 sadly is only available on Amazon and the Noctua NH-U14S is priced around $150.

Ouch. Way too expensive. 

I was checking out the be quiet! pure rock and that's over $85.... India's market is harsh. Honestly at this point, I'd recommend the H7 because it's the cheapest and performs really good, and I'm having difficulty finding coolers cheaper that can match it's level of performance in bot cooling and noise. 

8 minutes ago, Infow27 said:

Case : NZXT S340 ELITE. 

Budget : $100

Nope. My CPU idles at about 55-60 degrees at 3.8ghz that's why I was thinking about changing the cooler. 

The stock one will do you just fine in 99% of cases, however if you want to go Liquid AIO on a budget, I run the Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 on my 1600, and my temps have *never* passed 65c even under a 24 hour stress test overclocked to 3.8ghz.  Ambient temps are usually around 23c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9gRFf7/cooler-master-masterliquid-lite-240-667-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-mlw-d24m-a20pw-r1

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

Are you looking into AIO solutions?

You definitely want an aftermarket cooler because you want to overclock to 3.9 or sth?

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

Are you looking into AIO solutions?

You definitely want an aftermarket cooler because you want to overclock to 3.9 or sth?

Will Air coolers be fine for 3.8?

Many people stick with the stock cooler because it's good. If that doesnt suit your fancy, a cooler like the Cryorig H7, Enermax ETS-T40f-BK (this does fit in the Elite, check my blue build) be quiet! PURE ROCK, you can even get the H5 ultimate for under $50. No need to spend much more than that, though in the 50-100 range you can get things like the be quiet! Dark Rock 3 (not the pro) and Noctua NH-D14 (not 15) or NH-u12S

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Infow27 said:

Will Air coolers be fine for 3.8?

Yes. 

Noctua NH-U14S for example would do a very good job at it. It is on par with some AIO coolers. If you don't like stock fans, you can always replace them with some aftermarket solution.

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Many people stick with the stock cooler because it's good. If that doesnt suit your fancy, a cooler like the Cryorig H7, Enermax ETS-T40f-BK (this does fit in the Elite, check my blue build) be quiet! PURE ROCK, you can even get the H5 ultimate for under $50. No need to spend much more than that, though in the 50-100 range you can get things like the be quiet! Dark Rock 3 (not the pro) and Noctua NH-D14 (not 15) or NH-u12S

Thanks, actually the Cryorig H7 here in my country costs about $70. Should I get it? 

Just now, Infow27 said:

Thanks, actually the Cryorig H7 here in my country costs about $70. Should I get it? 

Oof. Thats steep. What country are you in, and what sites are you using to shop? $70 is more than I'd probably pay for that, so we might be able to find a good alternative in your market.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Infow27 said:

Make sure that you have enough exhaust and intake fans to pull the heat out of the case and provide the cooler with fresh air. S340 Elite has semi limited front intake, so it might influence CPU temperatures if you don't have sufficient airflow.

Here's a video of Science studio making a comparison of the mainstream aircoolers that are worth your money:

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Oof. Thats steep. What country are you in, and what sites are you using to shop? $70 is more than I'd probably pay for that, so we might be able to find a good alternative in your market.

I live in India. The Cryorig H7 sadly is only available on Amazon and the Noctua NH-U14S is priced around $150.

5 minutes ago, Infow27 said:

Ouch. Way too expensive. 

I was checking out the be quiet! pure rock and that's over $85.... India's market is harsh. Honestly at this point, I'd recommend the H7 because it's the cheapest and performs really good, and I'm having difficulty finding coolers cheaper that can match it's level of performance in bot cooling and noise. 

Ouch. Way too expensive. 

Thanks, is there any clearance issues with the Cryorig H7? 

1 minute ago, Infow27 said:

Thanks, is there any clearance issues with the Cryorig H7? 

Nope! The H7 was designed to be offset away from the RAM slots, and short to fit into cases that didnt have a full 160mm height clearance. I've atached a few reference photos

Spoiler

Image result for cryorig h7

Related image

I just got the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition. I sit at 70 degrees full load at 3.9GHz with the 1600. Cost me £45 so about $50-60 probably. Uses the standard backplate and Is near silent.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Nope! The H7 was designed to be offset away from the RAM slots, and short to fit into cases that didnt have a full 160mm height clearance. I've atached a few reference photos

Hide contents

Related image

What do you think about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED turbo? It costs around $50. 

4 minutes ago, Inversion said:

I just got the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition. I sit at 70 degrees full load at 3.9GHz with the 1600. Cost me £45 so about $50-60 probably. Uses the standard backplate and Is near silent.

I don't think there are available in my country. 

1 minute ago, Infow27 said:

What do you think about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED turbo? It costs around $50?

The Hyper 212 series (EVO, 212x, LED turbo) are all basically the exactly same tower with a different fan on it. It's an old tower; most people go with the EVO because it's the cheapest and performs about the same as the other options, it's simple and it just works. I personally dont like it because it might perform as good, but it looks ugly and is slightly noisier. However, it usually is the cheapest option around, so if you want to save money, then it's not a bad buy.

The Hyper 212 series (EVO, 212x, LED turbo) are all basically the exactly same tower with a different fan on it. It's an old tower; most people go with the EVO because it's the cheapest and performs about the same as the other options, it's simple and it just works. I personally dont like it because it might perform as good, but it looks ugly and is slightly noisier. However, it usually is the cheapest option around, so if you want to save money, then it's not a bad buy.

I guess I'll go with the Cryorig H7 then. 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Infow27 said:

I don't think there are available in my country. 

Oh unlucky then

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||