NO POST, FIRST BUILD

Dutuna

Hi everyone,

I'm building my first build and I have this problem with posting. specs are
GTX 1080 TI Poseidon
ROG Crosshair VI HERO (WIFI)

Ryzen 7 1700X
Corsair RM 1000X
So when I plugged in everything, I just clicked that start button and fans turn on, everything seems nice but no post. CPU fan spins as it has to, GPU fans spin sometimes, i guess when it needs to cool down... I tried to use reset button right next to the start button. I tried one single ram too, then plugged in SSD. nothing worked... I even looked up error codes: A9 and 0d. Any ideas whats going on or how to fix?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dutuna said:

Hi everyone,

GTX 1080 TI Poseidon

Ryzen 7 1700X
Corsair RM 1000X
So when I plugged in everything, I just clicked that start button and fans turn on, everything seems nice but no post. CPU fan spins as it has to, GPU fans spin sometimes, i guess when it needs to cool down... I tried to use reset button right next to the start button. I tried one single ram too, then plugged in SSD. nothing worked... I even looked up error codes: A9 and 0d. Any ideas whats going on or how to fix?

Thanks!

Ryzen has notorious load time for first boot. I've heard between 10 to 30 minutes. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

2 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

Try booting without the GPU

Its a Ryzen build. It needs a gpu. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

You could try to go through this list. It's a good starting point.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

i even fell asleep while waiting for boot. right now it says 0d on board and has been like that about 15 minutes

4 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

You could try to go through this list. It's a good starting point.

i was watching this guy, he has the same motherboard 

I did everything exactly the way he did :x

6 minutes ago, Dutuna said:

i was watching this guy, he has the same motherboard 

I did everything exactly the way he did :x

leave it for 30 minutes or be sensible and search the post code with ur mobo....

23 minutes ago, Dutuna said:

Hi everyone,

GTX 1080 TI Poseidon

Ryzen 7 1700X
Corsair RM 1000X

Thanks!

Turn on the pc and turn off using power button and wait 5 secs Do that 6 Times. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

3 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Turn on the pc and turn off using power button and wait 5 secs Do that 6 Times. 

i did it 6 times nothing changed :(

10 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

leave it for 30 minutes or be sensible and search the post code with ur mobo....

it says on the board 0d. in manual D0 which is CPU initialization error

It couldn't hurt to double check ram placement. It's a common mistake and it does seem to matter. If you're using two sticks, they should be in A2/B2 (grey slots). One stick should be in A2. Also, I think that board has a Flashback feature that allows a bios update while the system isn't powered up. Most Ryzen non-Post issues I've seen are memory related and bios updates improve memory compatibility. Perhaps that's something to look into.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Just now, Dutuna said:

it says on the board 0d. in manual D0 which is CPU initialization error

Take out the CPU. And clear CMOS then turn it on without CPU Then put CPU Back in. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

2 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Take out the CPU. And clear CMOS then turn it on without CPU Then put CPU Back in. 

Can you tell me how to clear CMOS :x

Maybe you don't have cpu power plugged in, can't think of anything else.

Just now, Dutuna said:

Can you tell me how to clear CMOS :x

Turn off the PSU And take out the little Circle battery. Its reflective and looks like silver. Then wait 30 SEC And put it back in and turn on PSU 

3 minutes ago, johndms said:

It couldn't hurt to double check ram placement. It's a common mistake and it does seem to matter. If you're using two sticks, they should be in A2/B2 (grey slots). One stick should be in A2. Also, I think that board has a Flashback feature that allows a bios update while the system isn't powered up. Most Ryzen non-Post issues I've seen are memory related and bios updates improve memory compatibility. Perhaps that's something to look into.

i did memory job well, i was following the manual a2 and b2 for both as you said and a2 for single same thing happened for both. can you help me locate that flashback button?

Just now, Dutuna said:

i did memory job well, i was following the manual a2 and b2 for both as you said and a2 for single same thing happened for both. can you help me locate that flashback button?

It's not a button, it's a feature. Supposedly, you can put the updated bios file on a USB Flash drive and update without the system being powered on. Research it.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

5 minutes ago, №☢ said:

Maybe you don't have cpu power plugged in, can't think of anything else.

pinnnnnn.png.79fe1a1f1490fdf259a8f73c09e50245.png

i think cpu is plugged in. i marked on pic with red circle the socket i used for cpu powered

6 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Turn off the PSU And take out the little Circle battery. Its reflective and looks like silver. Then wait 30 SEC And put it back in and turn on PSU 

i did it, still same thing happens 0d code

Just now, Dutuna said:

i think cpu is plugged in. i marked on pic with red circle the socket i used for cpu powered

Most motherboards with multiple cpu power inputs support only using one but maybe not with this motherboard so you might have to plug in the extra four pin one.

Just now, Dutuna said:

Check the connection. 

2 minutes ago, №☢ said:

Most motherboards with multiple cpu power inputs support only using one but maybe not with this motherboard so you might have to plug in the extra four pin one.

PSU didnot come with 4 pin cable... shit... :x

3 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Check the connection. 

connection seems to be good...