Nzxt fan hub confusion.

BunnyHunter67

I'm building in an nzxt case that has a pwm fan hub pre installed. I am just a bit confused with how to set it up. My understanding of it is that I plug in my cpu cooler fan to the fan hub. And plug in the fan hub pwm to my cpu output. Then connect a molex cable from the psu. Does that sound right? It just feels kinda strange to not plug my cpu fan to the cpu fan on the mobo. I'm just a bit concerned is all. Thanks for the help. 

8 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I'm building in an nzxt case that has a pwm fan hub pre installed. I am just a bit confused with how to set it up. My understanding of it is that I plug in my cpu cooler fan to the fan hub. And plug in the fan hub pwm to my cpu output. Then connect a molex cable from the psu. Does that sound right? It just feels kinda strange to not plug my cpu fan to the cpu fan on the mobo. I'm just a bit concerned is all. Thanks for the help. 

If you are referring to this hub the CPU fan still interfaces with the motherboard just via the white 4 pin fan header, the other 3 pins just follow the speed control on the CPU header fan and provide an equivalent DC voltage control to control the fans. 

Image result for Nzxt fan hub

What connectors are on the fan hub? And are the fan connectors three pin or four pin? Is there a manual control for the fan speed on the case?

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you are referring to this hub the CPU fan still interfaces with the motherboard just via the white 4 pin fan header, the other 3 pins just follow the speed control on the CPU header fan and provide an equivalent DC voltage control to control the fans. 

Image result for Nzxt fan hub

Yeah that's the one. So my understanding of the whole thing is correct? I'm just wanting to make sure. 

Just now, BunnyHunter67 said:

Yeah that's the one. So my understanding of the whole thing is correct? I'm just wanting to make sure. 

Yep that is correct just make sure you do put a fan on the white CPU header as that is necessary or the motherboard will notice that it's getting a 0RPM reading and think that the CPU fan has failed.

14 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yep that is correct just make sure you do put a fan on the white CPU header as that is necessary or the motherboard will notice that it's getting a 0RPM reading and think that the CPU fan has failed.

Can i put the pwm connection from the fan hub on the CPU fan connector? 

7 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

Can i put the pwm connection from the fan hub on the CPU fan connector? 

I assume your talking about the input signal, that must be 4 pin PWM since this hub converts PWM to dc voltage control (3 pin) for the rest of those fan headers. 

23 minutes ago, W-L said:

I assume your talking about the input signal, that must be 4 pin PWM since this hub converts PWM to dc voltage control (3 pin) for the rest of those fan headers. 

I'm still a little confused, but I'm going to try using the 4 pin pwm cable on the controller on the CPU fan plug. 

7 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I'm still a little confused, but I'm going to try using the 4 pin pwm cable on the controller on the CPU fan plug. 

What NZXT designated was the cable at the very top left corner (input signal) plugs into the CPU header on the motherboard which controls the whole fan hub.