Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ape

Bitwit

On 11/3/2017 at 3:37 PM, dexT said:

-snip-

You crack me up, buddy. You are been defensive whole time about us all being idiots because we happen to pay for service which you can get for free. And now I'm being defensive because I tell my reasons of being idiot you claim I am? Grow up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, dexT said:

-snip-

5 hours ago, b3ar said:

-snip-

I have to agree with dexT on the toys thing. That is just plain ridiculous. You shouldn't be charging family members over little things like this. Also, we're going down a rabbit hole that is frowned upon here. Both of you, just stop. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Mojave Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

10 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I have to agree with dexT on the toys thing. That is just plain ridiculous. You shouldn't be charging family members over little things like this. Also, we're going down a rabbit hole that is frowned upon here. Both of you, just stop. 

I don't think that @b3ar is implying that he's charging his nephew for those toys.

I think he's saying that he makes something of value, and he's trying to see what people think they are worth.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

Just now, dalekphalm said:

I don't think that @b3ar is implying that he's charging his nephew for those toys.

I think he's saying that he makes something of value, and he's trying to see what people think they are worth.

Well why would he need to know if they're for his nephew... that's what I want to know. If the nephew part was left out, as it should've been if he meant it that way, this whole thing could've been avoided. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Mojave Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

58 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'll try. This thread keeps calling out to me though :D

48 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This is what he's saying though, same with the wands. It seems to be a half-witted attempt to make me look stupid or something.. without knowing how much he values his time, material cost, tool maintenance/blades etc it's impossible to know.

4 minutes ago, dexT said:

I'll try. This thread keeps calling out to me though :D

This is what he's saying though, same with the wands. It seems to be a half-witted attempt to make me look stupid or something.. without knowing how much he values his time, material cost, tool maintenance/blades etc it's impossible to know.

I haven't read the entire thread; so I have no idea what was said, and frankly I don't care. Bottom line is, we're all adults here (or at least mature enough), we can disagree with each other, but let's start fresh and do it civilly.  :P

As a consumer, I'm trying to consolidate my viewing in both time and money, and I can't imagine I'm alone in that vein. So as an entrepreneur, I question the FPC direction, because it's just going to be another service to be paid for, with what looks like, other subscriptions built in, with different content to keep track of across amongst all the other platforms. Sure, their numbers probably support that their main demographic of followers have the most disposable time and income, but as most investors will tell you, the notion of thinking you can capture "x" percent of "y" market is wholly misleading in any venture.

Having watched Linus from his NCIX days, his evolution and what he's accomplished is tremendous, and some of the decisions he gets chastised for are typically from people that don't understand a lot about business. All that being said though, and while I understand the underlying vision for FPC, I really hope LMG keeps it on a short leash and it doesn't turn into a black hole for their money.