Bitwit

Ape
On 11/3/2017 at 3:37 PM, dexT said:

-snip-

You crack me up, buddy. You are been defensive whole time about us all being idiots because we happen to pay for service which you can get for free. And now I'm being defensive because I tell my reasons of being idiot you claim I am? Grow up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, dexT said:

-snip-

5 hours ago, b3ar said:

-snip-

I have to agree with dexT on the toys thing. That is just plain ridiculous. You shouldn't be charging family members over little things like this. Also, we're going down a rabbit hole that is frowned upon here. Both of you, just stop. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

10 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I have to agree with dexT on the toys thing. That is just plain ridiculous. You shouldn't be charging family members over little things like this. Also, we're going down a rabbit hole that is frowned upon here. Both of you, just stop. 

I don't think that @b3ar is implying that he's charging his nephew for those toys.

I think he's saying that he makes something of value, and he's trying to see what people think they are worth.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

I don't think that @b3ar is implying that he's charging his nephew for those toys.

I think he's saying that he makes something of value, and he's trying to see what people think they are worth.

Well why would he need to know if they're for his nephew... that's what I want to know. If the nephew part was left out, as it should've been if he meant it that way, this whole thing could've been avoided. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

58 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'll try. This thread keeps calling out to me though :D

48 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This is what he's saying though, same with the wands. It seems to be a half-witted attempt to make me look stupid or something.. without knowing how much he values his time, material cost, tool maintenance/blades etc it's impossible to know.

4 minutes ago, dexT said:

I'll try. This thread keeps calling out to me though :D

This is what he's saying though, same with the wands. It seems to be a half-witted attempt to make me look stupid or something.. without knowing how much he values his time, material cost, tool maintenance/blades etc it's impossible to know.

I haven't read the entire thread; so I have no idea what was said, and frankly I don't care. Bottom line is, we're all adults here (or at least mature enough), we can disagree with each other, but let's start fresh and do it civilly.  :P

lets keep this on the topic and stop the personal attacks on each other and the community.

As a consumer, I'm trying to consolidate my viewing in both time and money, and I can't imagine I'm alone in that vein. So as an entrepreneur, I question the FPC direction, because it's just going to be another service to be paid for, with what looks like, other subscriptions built in, with different content to keep track of across amongst all the other platforms. Sure, their numbers probably support that their main demographic of followers have the most disposable time and income, but as most investors will tell you, the notion of thinking you can capture "x" percent of "y" market is wholly misleading in any venture.

Having watched Linus from his NCIX days, his evolution and what he's accomplished is tremendous, and some of the decisions he gets chastised for are typically from people that don't understand a lot about business. All that being said though, and while I understand the underlying vision for FPC, I really hope LMG keeps it on a short leash and it doesn't turn into a black hole for their money.