FAA proposing to ban checking in electronics larger than a cellphone

WMGroomAK
7 hours ago, Prysin said:

2 seconds while i recharge my lead-acid battery

Got a 1kw fast charger. My battery needs some juice as it's flat dead. :(

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

• 2 weeks later...

so instead of them exploding and causing a fire in the cargo hold they want them to explode and cause a fire in the passenger compartment 

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

so instead of them exploding and causing a fire in the cargo hold they want them to explode and cause a fire in the passenger compartment 

Easier to combat that fire. Having said that, airfreight regularly ship batteries anyway so I'm somewhat confused.. 

6 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Easier to combat that fire. Having said that, airfreight regularly ship batteries anyway so I'm somewhat confused.. 

Are you expecting something from the FAA/TSA that makes sense? Wasn't it shown that the TSA is basically a complete waste of time and 95% of the test threats got past security? 

Also, I would expect factory/new batteries to generally be in better (safer) condition than batteries from the average user.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

10 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

I know that I've had problems ordering anything with a significantly sized battery to be shipped within the last year or two...  Last time I tried to order a UPS through Amazon they said it was unavailable to ship to my location due to it being airfreight only delivery.  Had the same problem with some larger external battery packs as well, which is really frustrating as the closest large tech store (which is a shitty Best Buy) is about 350 miles away.  First world problem???

On 11/3/2017 at 9:12 AM, djdwosk97 said:

Wasn't it shown that the TSA is basically a complete waste of time and 95% of the test threats got past security?

Not sure about that, but I wouldn't doubt it.  Also, the TSA has not stopped one single threat since its inception.

It has done wonders to stop the spread of cheap and timely flights, however.