freenas ui not fulling loading

Tried a different browser?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

That happens to me. I just refresh it a lot or reboot the machine. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

On 2017-10-16 at 10:34 PM, brand.flakes.623 said:

my free nas ui is not fulling loading 

15082076660171541765523.jpg

That happened to me yesterday in Chrome. I had to use FF to access the page. 

On an unrelated note, that was right before i accidentally deleted my FreeNAS VM datastore folder...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 10/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, dalekphalm said:

That happened to me yesterday in Chrome. I had to use FF to access the page. 

On an unrelated note, that was right before i accidentally deleted my FreeNAS VM datastore folder...

Ouch! nasty.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

32 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Ouch! nasty.

Heh yeah.

I've got FreeNAS up and running again - did a fresh install of FreeNAS 11, imported the existing RAIDZ1 pool from the old FreeNAS install, and shared the main folder (Videos, so that my Win2k16 Plex server can operate).

Eventually I need to get Transmission Jail back up and running.

I'm planning a total re-design though. I'm adding a DC + DNS server, a File + Print server (both Win2k16), and I'm planning on changing the FreeNAS server to serve out the RAIDZ1 pool as an iSCSI drive to the File + Print server, which will handle sharing the SMB share, etc.

I'm also going to do some basic AD integration into FreeNAS.

Lastly it looks like one of my 3TB drives died (An old Samsung 3TB drive) - I ordered a replacement Toshiba 3TB drive and some more RAM for the server.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Heh yeah.

I've got FreeNAS up and running again - did a fresh install of FreeNAS 11, imported the existing RAIDZ1 pool from the old FreeNAS install, and shared the main folder (Videos, so that my Win2k16 Plex server can operate).

Eventually I need to get Transmission Jail back up and running.

I'm planning a total re-design though. I'm adding a DC + DNS server, a File + Print server (both Win2k16), and I'm planning on changing the FreeNAS server to serve out the RAIDZ1 pool as an iSCSI drive to the File + Print server, which will handle sharing the SMB share, etc.

I'm also going to do some basic AD integration into FreeNAS.

Lastly it looks like one of my 3TB drives died (An old Samsung 3TB drive) - I ordered a replacement Toshiba 3TB drive and some more RAM for the server.

Yeah, that's cool, at least you're getting something out of the mistake then, making it worthwhile. I don't need any of that right now, but it does sound cool.

I'm still working on completing my ESXi server build... I have been testing out various things to see if they work, and using my current best NAS to do it in as it's much much faster... only thing I can't do is test out the storage side properly right now as I only had a 2.5" 1TB drive to test with. All my other storage is being used in my old, new and outsize servers. So I need to buy a couple of drives and get it working properly, tested etc before swapping some of the drives in. Currently I am testing it fine, as I just substitute my freenas USB boot drive for the esxi usb boot drive and unplug the HDD power so nothing can happen to the freenas volume. Works out pretty well this way... when I'm done with testing I just plug the drives power back in and substitute the USB drive in again with freenas on it and it boots same as it normally would.

I am going to have to eventually (if testing goes to plan), copy the data across to the new freenas VM inside esxi, but hopefully that won't be a problem.

The new esxi server, will be hosting VMs of freenas and pfsense, with freenas vm hosting the plex plugin for now... and also being my homelab where I can test out other stuff that I may want to do in the future, and also a few VMs of linux, and a windows vm. I MAY decide to switch out the plex server to one of those instead depending on how testing goes with transcoding.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

In Chrome if you go to more tools > developer tools > application > clear storage > clear site data. It'll fix the issue for that session. Or a quick way in is just opening chrome in privacy mode.

If I read it wrong feel free to correct me, but if you plan on hosting Plex inside of a jail make sure you create datasets to mount to the jail where plex would install. So if you ever have to blow out the jail (once the kernel updates for FreeNAS you will have to delete the jail to update the jails' kernel) you can easily bring plex back by just re-mounting the dataset into a new jail.