Floatplane Payment Question

When I add a floatplane subscription to my cart and proceed to checkout, there are  two options. Paypal for users in Germany and China and Paypal.

GOYGiNx.png

Since I'm in Germany the first option would apply to me but I was wondering what the difference between the two was? Or why it's different for Germany and China of all places.

In the beginning a lot of people complained about paypal and most if not all were from Germany (coincidence?) so I think they must do things differently there, and this was a way to address that so everyone could join without issues.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

In the beginning a lot of people complained about paypal and most if not all were from Germany (coincidence?) so I think they must do things differently there, and this was a way to address that so everyone could join without issues.

Well we're always quick to complain :D Interesting though, I wonder what's technically different. 

1 minute ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Well we're always quick to complain :D Interesting though, I wonder what's technically different. 

I'm not certain, and I'd like to know too but I think it has something to do with how recurring payments/subscriptions work

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

In Germany, auto-recurring payments aren't allowed. So if your bank is in Germany, you need to select that option. Otherwise payment doesn't go through.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

In Germany, auto-recurring payments aren't allowed. So if your bank is in Germany, you need to select that option. Otherwise payment doesn't go through.

I'm pretty sure they are allowed because any subscription service (like Netflix) works with auto recurring payments.

PayPal recurring payments don't work in Germany, presumably due to some incompatibility between the laws there and their implementation, so the one for Germany uses a different (but not as good) system which does work.

HTTP/2 203