• 200mm
    • 140mm
    • 120mm
    • 92mm
    • 80mm
    • 60mm

Yet again - another poll from me.

What case fans do you have?

If you have multiple - which I'm sure most do - a comment would help tons. Thanks!

I'm having to design a universal fan mounting panel... but with how the mounting holes are placed I either need to cut support for 80mm fans or let 92mm fans "wobble" a bit when (~2 mm) attached. Input on this dilemma would help too.

I also decided to omit non-standard fans so the data would be more usable.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

I would say just cut support for 80.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Shouldn't it be fairly easy to make something that can hold them all?  Just have 4 "slots" cut out that radiate out from the centre at 45° in the corners, and in them have rubber grommets or something.  I'll draw and upload a picture in a second...

this: The black represents solid area (case metal) and the white represents any open air.  The red shows the actual size of outlines of fans of the sizes you have in the poll

Spoiler

Untitled-2.thumb.png.57c53ed30c8d8509d3b5dfddb91301e8.png

and then have these in the slots to screw the fan of any size into

Spoiler

RUBBER%20GROMMET.jpg

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

21 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Shouldn't it be fairly easy to make something that can hold them all?  Just have 4 "slots" cut out that radiate out from the centre at 45° in the corners, and in them have rubber grommets or something.

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled-2.thumb.png.57c53ed30c8d8509d3b5dfddb91301e8.png

That would work for mounting fans, but I want to "integrate" it into the case's panel - I need literally every mm of space possible. If I dimension something like this correctly, It would be able to mount 92, 120, and 140mm fans - and you could place it above any part of the motherboard you want.

(Case pannel Image)

Spoiler

image.png.7ea828536a4c604170388514f7152c66.png

On a side note - Is this a glitch? Even after refreshing the page, the formatting doesn't change. ( I zoomed out from normal to include comment & quote.)

Spoiler

Glitch.png.49c36ae312ae4e121cd5910613e43449.png

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

120's even though my case can fit 140's.

Bought some Corsair SF120's for in my old case, and now this case supports 140mm fans, I'm too cheap to go buy some SF140's :P not to mention it'll make practically 0 difference.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

That would work for mounting fans, but I want to "integrate" it into the case's panel - I need literally every mm of space possible. If I dimension something like this correctly, It would be able to mount 92, 120, and 140mm fans - and you could place it above any part of the motherboard you want.

(Case pannel Image)

Hide contents

image.png.7ea828536a4c604170388514f7152c66.png

Ah, interesting idea.  Make the form and the function one and the same :)

Although that particular image isn't too appealing to me, the vents seem very small - it would be a very restrictive grill.

2 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

On a side note - Is this a glitch? Even after refreshing the page, the formatting doesn't change. ( I zoomed out from normal to include comment & quote.)

Reveal hidden contents

Glitch.png.49c36ae312ae4e121cd5910613e43449.png

Yes, that's a glitch... not supposed to happen lol what browser are you using?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

200mm came with my case and is an intake 120mm high volume airflow outake 

12 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Although that particular image isn't too appealing to me, the vents seem very small - it would be a very restrictive grill.

Mortis just fixed it from what I can tell

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Firefox.

Refreshing the page didn't help - but "restarting" fixed it. It could've been an internet issue.

Just now, Imbellis said:

Firefox.

Refreshing the page didn't help - but "restarting" fixed it. It could've been an internet issue.

hm, he developed on firefox so that should work fine xD as would chrome, safari, etc. anything compliant.  Strange...

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

~Snip~

I'm following the (most) TAC guidelines for case construction.

The image shown has a 42.6% percent "permeability". TAC states "It is recommended to have an effective open area of 60 percent". I plan to use ~60-70% just to be safe.

3x140mm. 2 in, 1 out. Also 2x150mm on CPU cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I built in a super old case so dual 80mm intake, single 80mm pwm outflow, 80mm dell cooler and a single 120mm on the power supply