Verizon Warranty Question

Drkrinklez
Go to solution Solved by Drkrinklez,

Solved it, thanks.

I have an LGV10 from Verizon and my headphone jack isn't working and the battery drains like crazy. It's also scratched. This is a replacement from my old one that had the same exact problem. I want to go in there and get a replacement via my warranty, but there's one problem. What if they don't have anymore LGV10's in stock? Will they make me pay off the phone or would they be nice enough to give me a different phone with the exact same price point as the LGV10? Or would they give me the LGV20 or LGV30? Thanks. Remember, I have a warranty. 

Carrier's don't have warranties, that's the manufacturer or insurance if you have opt into that. Stores are also becoming increasingly lazy sale drones and will often tell customers to call CS.

Save yourself a trip and call *611. As long as your phone doesn't have cosmetic issues outside of standard wear over time, it qualifies for what's called a CLNR. You will receive a refurb of the same phone model or closest equivalent if it's not available. In some cases of older phones under extended warranties, you can even get a newer device in return.

Don't bother with store reps, they're trained to get comission dollars and couldn't care less about actually assisting you if a new purchase isn't involved. Store wouldn't have any warranty devices in stock anyway, those are ordered from the warehouse.

Edit: Do make sure the scratch isn't something serious because there is a damaged device fee and a couple of hundred dollars as a charge isn't ideal.

24 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

I have an LGV10 from Verizon and my headphone jack isn't working and the battery drains like crazy. It's also scratched. This is a replacement from my old one that had the same exact problem. I want to go in there and get a replacement via my warranty, but there's one problem. What if they don't have anymore LGV10's in stock? Will they make me pay off the phone or would they be nice enough to give me a different phone with the exact same price point as the LGV10? Or would they give me the LGV20 or LGV30? Thanks. Remember, I have a warranty. 

I would say this, If the phone is less than a year old contact LG. If its more than a year old and you have insurance, file a claim, keep in mind there could be a deductible for insurance. I know premium devices on T Mobile can cause as much as $175 deductible. Not sure what Verizon charges. If all else fails, look for a cell phone repair shop, maybe they can help. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.