It windows 10 ReadyBoost useful?

Age of 9394

It is really boost the memory speed and good faster?

Did any youtuber make video about readyboost?

test.png

Readyboost is just a temporay pagefile, pyo. It's only useful if you're running low on RAM, pyo. Readyboost will also be slower than RAM, so if you're using a Readyboost partition, whatever is loaded onto it might run slower, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Don't bother with that, buy more ram if you need it. It only works in USB flash drives, SSD or nand based storage.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

To add onto every one saying buy more RAM, look up the documentation for your netbook to see what's the maximum support for RAM capacity. I know netbooks in particular only allow a maximum of 2GB or so, even on the latest ones. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Readyboost is just a temporay pagefile. It's only useful if you're running low on RAM. Readyboost will also be slower than RAM, so if you're using a Readyboost partition, whatever is loaded onto it might run slower.

if the netbook had 1GB of ram with 4GB USB x10, it is mean still ran in 1GB  ?

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Don't bother with that, buy more ram if you need it. It only works in USB flash drives or SSD.

Just want to know what going to happen, if I put more usb flash drive on 1GB netbook

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

To add onto every one saying buy more RAM, look up the documentation for your netbook to see what's the maximum support for RAM capacity. I know netbooks in particular only allow a maximum of 2GB or so, even on the latest ones. 

not going to spent any money on this, I just find a netbook in the basement

Just now, Age of 9394 said:

Just want to know what going to happen, if I put more usb flash drive on 1GB netbook

ready boost is kinda old now and it came out before SSDs. If you have a SSD in your netbook then ready boost will be useless as USB flash is slower than SSD. I used readyboost ages ago on a laptop that had 512mb ram and windows vista and i saw no performance improvement.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

13 minutes ago, Age of 9394 said:

if the netbook had 1GB of ram with 4GB USB x10, it is mean still ran in 1GB  ?

You'd have effectively, 1GB of high speed RAM, and effectively up to 4GB of low speed RAM, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Isn't that the feature they added in vista to let you use a USB flash stick as a page file / extra memory? xD stupidest feature ever - if you've ever ran out of RAM and had to experience swapping to HDD, you know how unusable that is... now just imagine it's 100x slower than that 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

38 minutes ago, Age of 9394 said:

not going to spent any money on this, I just find a netbook in the basement

Doesn't hurt to look around. DDR3 is pretty cheap nowadays. You can pick up a used stick of 2GB SO-DIMM DDR2/3 for around 15 bucks or so. Not the worse price to pay as it can turn this tiny little netbook into a commute warrior. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

59 minutes ago, Age of 9394 said:

It's not going to improve on it or anything.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

The feature was introduced to allow system that are low in RAM to have more of it, but instead of using actual RAM disk, it would use the USB flash drive as a page file (It can't be directly RAM, as the CPU is not hard wired with it, like it is with the RAM slots. And the CPU can only work with the RAM, nothing else. Anything in your HDD/SSD that it wants to work with, needs to be transferred to the RAM, either in small segments (stream data), or in full).

The idea is that USB flash drives have fast access time over HDD, and that is the most important thing in RAM. See it this way, a big part of why SSDs are much faster than HDDs, isn't their max transfer speeds, but rather their very low access times. The feature targets computer users with system that cant' be upgraded (soldered on memory, or system doesn't support more RAM, can't find the right RAM due to age of the system), or don't know how to upgrade a computer.

As Microsoft says: It isn't as fast as RAM by considerable margin, but it is faster than HDD (SSD's were not out at the time of the introduction of this feature).

It does NOT work with all USB flash drive, you need a fast enough ones. So, those free USB flash drive, or dollar ship garbage ones, will most likely not work, but any decent one, should.

20 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

It's not going to improve on it or anything.

What about usb 3.1 or ever more faster flash drive. it is make any change?

1 hour ago, Age of 9394 said:

no

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

2 hours ago, Age of 9394 said:

Nope. Even USB 4.0, if you can imagine the specs.

The problem with USB is that you don't have a fully dedicated controller. It needed and uses the CPU. This creates latency. That is why you have SATA, where the SATA controller is an actual processor by itself. As for PCIe drives, they cost more over SATA version of drive as they need its own full fledged controllers (also be small in size).

So, as a result, beside the fact that your CPU usage will go up a bit, it will also have additional latency. Latency is everything for RAM.

You are better off changing the HDD to an SSD.

22 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It does NOT work with all USB flash drive, you need a fast enough ones. So, those free USB flash drive, or dollar ship garbage ones, will most likely not work, but any decent one, should.

I've seen it offered on some drives that it definitely shouldn't have

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.