Please help im desperate

MrMcArtur

So I just got done building my first computer like 2 days ago. When I finished i connected it to my monitor via display port (dell s2716dg) and everything worked. I installed windows and went to sleep, the next day when I tuned on my computer (the fans pinned, led light up etc) there was no display on the monitor, i tried turning it on and off reseting the computer etc. Nothing worked. So I opened the computer, removed ram, pushed some cables, fingered the motherboard battery etc. And it worked. I just tried turning it on again and same issue, no display on monitor. Will this happen everytime i leave the computer overnight? has this happened to anyone else? what can I do? please help

I spent all of my life savings on this rig, I don't know what to do

4 minutes ago, MrMcArtur said:

Will this happen everytime i leave the computer overnight?

Guess you'll have to wait in order to find out...

4 minutes ago, MrMcArtur said:

So I just got done building my first computer like 2 days ago. When I finished i connected it to my monitor via display port (dell s2716dg) and everything worked. I installed windows and went to sleep, the next day when I tuned on my computer (the fans pinned, led light up etc) there was no display on the monitor, i tried turning it on and off reseting the computer etc. Nothing worked. So I opened the computer, removed ram, pushed some cables, fingered the motherboard battery etc. And it worked. I just tried turning it on again and same issue, no display on monitor. Will this happen everytime i leave the computer overnight? has this happened to anyone else? what can I do? please help

But seriously, it probably won't happen again

3 minutes ago, MrMcArtur said:

Did you really spend your life savings on this PC? Please tell me you didn't.

My i5 6500 is bad and can't even maintain 4.5ghz, and 4.4ghz causes it to slowly become unstable over weeks with a vcore of 1.395. FML

6 minutes ago, MrMcArtur said:

1st Thing, Turn the computer off and unplug it from the wall.  Remove the battery and wait about a minute to clear the cmos.

Put the battery back in.

Now remove anything extra ram sticks leaving only one in the computer.  Take out your graphics card and any other expansion cards.  The goal is to have the minimum number of components you need to get the computer working.

Do all that, then turn it on and restart it a few times and let's see what happens.

Had the same problem when I first problem when I built my PC, Turn off the Switch on the back of the PSU, unplug the cable from the wall and let it sit for about an hour. Plug it back in and update us on the situation.

~Am I the only who thinks that Dwayne Johnson looks like the rock? o.O