Is Ketchup & Mustard Intrinsically Ugly? or Is it down to sleeving?

For Science!

So odd thought, while watching somebody complain about the 24-pin cable colour, but I had a thought that the thin plasticky cables were just as ugly as the color coordination (or lack thereof!).

I was wondering if anybody has ever seen a custom sleeved 24-pin BUT maintaining the same ketchup & mustard colour, Even better if somebody has a photo of such a build. @CableMod, have you seen such an unusual order before? Hit me up :P

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

So odd thought, while watching somebody complain about the 24-pin cable colour, but I had a thought that the thin plasticky cables were just as ugly as the color coordination (or lack thereof!).

I was wondering if anybody has ever seen a custom sleeved 24-pin BUT maintaining the same ketchup & mustard colour, Even better if somebody has a photo of such a build. @CableMod, have you seen such an unusual order before? Hit me up :P

I like the colour of them due to them being colour coded voltages and sense lines, it's handy if you have good quality sleeving to cover it, as you know bu the tiny bit that gets hidden by thr connector block what voltage is it and where it should go. The thing is, it's all random colours to anyone else and it kinda does look terrible in a themed PC. 

Yours faithfully

9 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Not exactly ketchup and mustard but one of the odder one's I've seen. 

Image result for rainbow sleeved cables

-Moved to Modding Section- 

go to r/pcsleeving, they do the do and know what do 

@For Science!

put it into their custom thingie, here's what i got

984d500db64b85c983f71a4519469d14.png

17 minutes ago, jaffer said:

I was more after the standard 24-pin crazy multi color business. I think this below is fairly close, and actually, it doesn't look so hideous as I thought it would, it would probably go well in a unicorn barf build.

LS modular power supply 24 pin atx sleeved PSU extension cable

Where I like Antec, even the standard wires on my EDGE are all black, just makes it cleaner, I do agree those PSU's with only the 24pin and CPU 4 pin sleeved, the sleeving really just doesn't look that good. 

Luckely now days its super easy to find and buy those 20cm extenders, I went with white ones in my RGB vomit build as did everything White&blue inside and left the RGB Lights color them 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

9 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

-snip-

I'm not after a way to hide the colors, I want to be able to show them off while looking "nice", hence the sleeving. Perhaps "90's theme PC, but with modern touches" would be a good way to phrase it.

Like to have custom sleeved cables in the multi-crazy 24-pin, and to have custom sleeved honey bee PCI-E Power, etc etc. But if its been done already, I'd like to see too.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

I'm not after a way to hide the colors, I want to be able to show them off while looking "nice", hence the sleeving. Perhaps "90's theme PC, but with modern touches" would be a good way to phrase it.

Like to have custom sleeved cables in the multi-crazy 24-pin, and to have custom sleeved honey bee PCI-E Power, etc etc. But if its been done already, I'd like to see too.

oooohhhhh haha that could be awesome, Specially if you get a super old Horizontal case and kit it out. I'd say got all grey except for the right edge, do those the pale Red.

Look like the IDE Cables. I'd also grab UV Tube lights and have the PC look all Laser Tag retro style if you want color :P 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

@For Science! we've got you covered! Check out our ModMesh sleeving option. :)

rgb.jpg

20170602_200510.jpg

I guess if your into the looks of your pc, than custom sleeves from cablemod would look very nice. If your a person who likes to admire the tastyness of the ketchup and mustard look of the cables, than leave the cables stock. I would prefer custom sleeves from cablemod simply because it helps with cable management and the overall looks of the pc.

3 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

why not both? insert meme here.

I was looking to get cablemod cables in ketchup and mustard :P

@CableMod is it possible to decouple the front and back of the cables in the configurator? otherwise I can't faithfully reproduce the 24 pin cable layout 

@For Science! I don't have any ketchup and mustard, that was the closest thing I had, sorry.

In regards to the latches on the connectors, they are on the back side if you're looking at the configurator. :)

On 7/26/2017 at 0:08 AM, CableMod said:

@For Science! we've got you covered! Check out our ModMesh sleeving option. :)

Oh my goodness @CableMod that is .... uummmm... painful. Can still see the skill used. However, I just cant dig the Unicorn Barf, and Rainbows look. No RGB for me please.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC