can a seperate ssd an hhd function as sshd?

Perry404

After all the information about ssd, hhd and sshd storage, I want to know if you

1. can use a loose ssd to make the hhd faster. like an sshd?

2. and most important if answer is Yes, can i still use the other part of the ssd to boot my pc from?

I have an 120gb m2 ssd with OS on it,

and a 1tb hhd.

You can add another SSD and have it act as a cache drive but I wouldn't recommend using your boot drive to do this. I would have a dedicated SSD for this.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I'm not sure what the question is. Your two storage drives will be separate entities in a regular Windows environment a SSHD is a HDD with a small amount of SSD like storage to store your most used files (automatically). You can achieve this affect manually by putting mission critical programs on your SSD and less important  programs or files on your hard drive. 

it is wat i mean but i have Skylake and not a motherboard that is ready for it. 

also it make it in possible to use the 1 m2 ssd slot because it is the same connection.

so i cant boot my os from a ssd. but form the hhd 

after all,

thanks for the idee

25 minutes ago, Perry404 said:

After all the information about ssd, hhd and sshd storage, I want to know if you

1. can use a loose ssd to make the hhd faster. like an sshd?

2. and most important if answer is Yes, can i still use the other part of the ssd to boot my pc from?

I have an 120gb m2 ssd with OS on it,

and a 1tb hhd.

Yes. You can use software like Primocache, to create a level 2 block-level cache, to cache your HDD with your SSD. It works exceptionally well. https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/primo-cache/

It also improves boot speed by a considerable amount. Part of the reason why I was unimpressed by Optane, as it offers very little over Primocache, which we can use much larger SSD's for. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.