Beat way to debloat win10?

Deadly Duck

I'm about to do a fresh install, what is the current best way to debloat windows? I do need the store to work but all the other crap like one drive and windows firewall can go. Is there a handy dandy tool to do that? 

3 minutes ago, PCTechNoob said:

I have used this program before and it's awesome!

It's called 'Destroy Windows 10 Spying' (link: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/destroy_windows_10_spying.html) and you can remove all the bloatware and windows 10 spying features in one go.

The spying stuff doesn't bother as much as the random hitches I get in performance. Is this program still good for that? 

why do you want to get rid of windows firewall? it's pretty good

onedrive you can remove with a registry tweak

Just now, Deadly Duck said:

The spying stuff doesn't bother as much as the random hitches I get in performance. Is this program still good for that? 

you can use spybot anti-beacon 

1 hour ago, Deadly Duck said:

I'm about to do a fresh install, what is the current best way to debloat windows? I do need the store to work but all the other crap like one drive and windows firewall can go. Is there a handy dandy tool to do that? 

I don't understand what you mean by bloat.. and all the responses here indicates that no one does either.

Windows Firewall a security feature protecting your system is not bloat. Calculator app, or Notepad, or Command Prompt is not bloat either.

And to all: Telemetry data collecting is not spying. Might all well say your CPU is Windows XP.

What do you want to remove/disable specifically?

- Windows Firewall can be disabled, and you can then turn off the notification from the action center from popping up.

- Windows Defender can only be disabled if you installed another anti-virus. Windows will let you run the OS without an anti-virus. This is mostly because many users run expired trial anti-virus solutions that came with their system. So Windows will detect that and enable Windows Defender.

- As for the included third party apps, you can just right-click on them and pick Uninstall (if they are installed), or Unpin (if they are just Store shortcuts). As those are UWP apps. No trace will be left. These apps varies based on region and time, so no global script can be made. But you can make one yourself or grab one from a friend that have made one... but probably creating this script will take you more time than a simple right-click on each item.

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't understand what you mean by bloat.. and all the responses here indicates that no one does either.

Windows Firewall a security feature protecting your system is not bloat. Calculator app, or Notepad, or Command Prompt is not bloat either.

And to all: Telemetry data collecting is not spying. Might all well say your CPU is Windows XP.

What do you want to remove/disable specifically?

- Windows Firewall can be disabled, and you can then turn off the notification from the action center from popping up.

- Windows Defender can only be disabled if you installed another anti-virus. Windows will let you run the OS without an anti-virus. This is mostly because many users run expired trial anti-virus solutions that came with their system. So Windows will detect that and enable Windows Defender.

- As for the included third party apps, you can just right-click on them and pick Uninstall (if they are installed), or Unpin (if they are just Store shortcuts). As those are UWP apps. No trace will be left. These apps varies based on region and time, so no global script can be made. But you can make one yourself or grab one from a friend that have made one... but probably creating this script will take you more time than a simple right-click on each item.

To me Windows firewall is bloat. I turn off every boot and just use common sense 2017 to keep myself. I've never had an issue with spyware/virus ever. When I say bloat I mean everything that is not needed for a Windows10 PC to run. 

@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *sway* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *windowsmaps* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bingfinance* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bingnews* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *windowsphone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bingsports* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *windowsdvdplayer* | Remove-AppxPackage"
@powershell "Get-AppxPackage *xboxidentityprovider* | Remove-AppxPackage"

Save as a .bat file and run.

For the shovelware games like candycrush, you only need to right click the icon in the start menu and select uninstall but some apps have to be force uninstalled using powershell with the commands that @EPENEX has listed.

As @GoodBytes has already stated, some items like windows firewall will disable themselves if you use a third party variant, but if you have the creators update windows defender will always nag about the firewall settings.

37 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

All that batch file will do is remove them from the Start Menu. It doesn't actually delete the applications from the system.

PowerShell script. And, it does remove them. For the current account only. But that removes all the built-in programs beside calculator, and Notepad and other system utilities, but not the third-party ones as those depends on the region you are in. You get to save a few MB's (yay?!), and hurt your experience.

16 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

PowerShell script. And, it does remove them. For the current account only. But that removes all the built-in programs beside calculator, and Notepad and other system utilities, but not the third-party ones as those depends on the region you are in. You get to save a few MB's (yay?!), and hurt your experience.

Yes, but they live in C:\Program Files\Windows Apps till the end of time. :P

And I tried removing them manually. The permissions on those appear to be locked tighter than Fort Knox