[US/CAN] Retail Edge - 6850k for $149 | 7700k for $199 | Maximus IX Apex for $129

Rune

Behold, my glorious retail kin! Intel has once again graced us with their seasonal discounts. It looks like they are pushing people towards HEDT really, really hard with this pricing scheme though. Not really a fan of that as I wanted to have a spare gaming machine this time around. The apex board for that price though....sweet!

https://retailedge.intel.com/50/asmo/deal/summer

disappointed.jpg

Deal with unlock on July 27 (or the 25th if you are a legend). So be registered and prepared!

Wow.

Would this lead to a consumer price drop?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 hour ago, Imbellis said:

Wow.

Would this lead to a consumer price drop?

No, they've been doing this every year for 15 years.

How many people are out there that can actually take advantage of this though lol?

43 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

How many people are out there that can actually take advantage of this though lol?

Every retail employee on the planet pretty much. These deals sell out every year despite the requirements. Its one of the things I miss, though I'm still rocking a 5930k that I got for $170 a couple years ago

1 hour ago, NickTheMajin said:

Every retail employee on the planet pretty much. These deals sell out every year despite the requirements. Its one of the things I miss, though I'm still rocking a 5930k that I got for $170 a couple years ago

So the chump in the produce department at Walmart can score deals like this but people like me who actually work in IT can't? Da fuck Intel?

41 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

So the chump in the produce department at Walmart can score deals like this but people like me who actually work in IT can't? Da fuck Intel?

Yes because the chump in the produce department is probably making $8 an hour and may occasionally get to talk to a customer about an intel related product if he's called over there. Intel gives this person the ability to afford a high end cpu if he so desires. 

You sit around fixing things not influencing the sale of intel processors and likely make way more than him.

I no longer get these deals, but I make 3x what I did when I was eligible for them so the extra couple hundred is nothing in comparison. 

1 hour ago, NickTheMajin said:

You sit around fixing things not influencing the sale of intel processors

You serious bro? Do you have any idea how many people talk about their personal system at home they're having problems with when they bring in their laptop to get fixed or while I'm hooking everything back up when the jobs done? This isn't counting the 2500-3000 laptops, desktops, servers, etc that are currently deployed in the company.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that they have this for people that who work retail jobs, I'd sure as hell want something to help me unwind after a day dealing with the shitty public too. I'm just saying they could at least throw a bone to the guys who are elbow deep in their stuff on the daily xD

27 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

You serious bro? Do you have any idea how many people talk about their personal system at home they're having problems with when they bring in their laptop to get fixed or while I'm hooking everything back up when the jobs done? This isn't counting the 2500-3000 laptops, desktops, servers, etc that are currently deployed in the company.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that they have this for people that who work retail jobs, I'd sure as hell want something to help me unwind after a day dealing with the shitty public too. I'm just saying they could at least throw a bone to the guys who are elbow deep in their stuff on the daily xD

Call intel and ask them to add your business.

• 2 weeks later...