Where to host free website? And free domain?

I want to make a joke website called 'triangleearth.com' saying that 69 years ago scientists thought the earth was a cylinder, but they realized if that were true (since space is water, and it's sloping) we would have rolled down the water, but we are still in the same place, so the earth must be floating. And the only shape shape boyant enough to float something as heavy as the earth is a triangle, so we know the earth to be a triangle.

Also I'm poor, so anyone know where I can do it for free?

You won't be able to get the domain for free.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Domains should always be purchased, if you get one for free then you are not the owner of it and if by chance your website starts making money or gathering traffic you can kiss that domain goodbye. :(

-KuJoe

No domain is free, nobody hosts for free.

Ugh you all

Try weebly and get a .tk

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

10 minutes ago, BristolBrick said:

I want to make a joke website called 'triangleearth.com' saying that 69 years ago scientists thought the earth was a cylinder, but they realized if that were true (since space is water, and it's sloping) we would have rolled down the water, but we are still in the same place, so the earth must be floating. And the only shape shape boyant enough to float something as heavy as the earth is a triangle, so we know the earth to be a triangle.

Also I'm poor, so anyone know where I can do it for free?

Joke websites are not really worth the trouble, but get a weebly and a .tk domain

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

host it yourself 

Unlikely to work and you don't want ports open to a home network

8 minutes ago, BristolBrick said:

I have an old laptop spare, but how do I get a domain free?

.tk, don't host it yourself, use weebly

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You won't be able to get the domain for free.

.tk and a few other .xx domains are free

6 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Domains should always be purchased, if you get one for free then you are not the owner of it and if by chance your website starts making money or gathering traffic you can kiss that domain goodbye. :(

yeah but if it takes off then spend the $10 @ domain.com for a .com and if it got taken in the meanwhile then you can make your url slightly different but still relevant

5 minutes ago, FTL said:

don't know about the latter but the former is untrue

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

3 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

Joke websites are not really worth the trouble, but get a weebly and a .tk domain

Unlikely to work and you don't want ports open to a home network

yeah but if it takes off then spend the $10 @ domain.com for a .com and if it got taken in the meanwhile then you can make your url slightly different but still relevant

don't know about the latter but the former is untrue

There are some that are free, but are severely limited.

10 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

He said "trinagleearth.com", maybe you didn't read that part?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

your cheapest bet other than something like wix would be hostgator which appareantly love to advertise "hosting for a penny"

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

i guess he already concluded .com aint gonna happen.

I'm using weebly, if it is good I might move to something not free that is better.

31 minutes ago, BristolBrick said:

I have an old laptop spare, but how do I get a domain free?

you can get a subdomain for free from afraid.org 

34 minutes ago, FTL said:

Half true, no .com domain is free but there are people that host websites for free. :D

-KuJoe

28 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

Ugh you all

Try weebly and get a .tk

He wants a .com domain, which he won't find for free.

-KuJoe

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

He wants a .com domain, which he won't find for free.

yeah i know but he can't get  a .com for free so i suggested the closest thing he could get for free

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

9 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Half true, no .com domain is free but there are people that host websites for free. :D

Answer to both of you is this:

9 hours ago, manikyath said:

i guess he already concluded .com aint gonna happen.

I did read that part; but I also know a .com is not worth it and won't happen and therefore suggested a way to at least get a domain other than site.weebly.com or whatever free websites will give you.

Spoiler

Go to GoDaddy and purchase a domain. Go ahead and use IIS, a program included with Windows, to host a web server. That's what I'm doing and it works great. You'll need to port forward though, and if you can't do that, then you could be out of luck. 

If you chose to host yourself, either with IIS or a linux box, you'd need either a Static IP address or to use a Dynamic DNS Service. Hosting it yourself, I'd HIGHLY recommend using Cloudflare as it'll hide your actual IP address. If not, I used to use 000webhost.com until I got my Dedicated Server. If you need any help setting up, feel free to PM me :)