New case fans having gpu temps running higher?

Recently built a pc in the nzxt s340. my cpu is the i5-6600k cooled by a cryorig H7 and a gtx 1070. Playing games like Overwatch, the gpu temps went to about 58c-63c at load. The fan setup was one fan at the top and one at the back both exhausting air. However, I recently decided to buy two Corsair AF-120 fans for summer. However, when I set up the two 120mm fans up as intake in the front, gpu temps rose to 65c-70c? This does not really make sense to me as with two fans intaking in the front and two exhausting in the top and back the airflow should be pretty good and the pc should be running cooler, but its running hotter. If anyone knows the issue and could help it would mean a lot.

5 minutes ago, Ford said:

Are you sure they're intake? Try the old fan setup and see if it works better.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

recently decided to buy two Corsair AF-120 

Well, that's your problem. I had a couple of Corsair fans unused from an retired rig that I used for push&pull on my H7 as a test and the single Cryorig fan cooled better. Corsair fans are bad and loud l, that's 2 for 2.

These same 2 AF fans were the intake fans before retired and the cooling was nevet spectacular even when using them for their intended purpose.

I did the old paper trick to see where it was pushing air towards so I'm pretty sure. Plus, I used the little arrows when installing them. Also, even if the old fan setup worked a little bit better, is there anyway that I could make these new fans work and make my pc cooler, would hate to throw all that money down the drain

4 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Well, that's your problem. I had a couple of Corsair fans unused from an retired rig that I used for push&pull on my H7 as a test and the single stick Cryorig fan cooled better. Corsair fans are bad and loud l, that's 2 for 2.

Ok, but is there any configuration I could do where it at least runs the same or a little bit cooler? maybe mess with the amount of intake and exhaust? Also, I personally don't mind the sound because I have a loud ass fan in the background to cool me off during the summer lol

11 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Are you sure they're intake? Try the old fan setup and see if it works better.

Also, I forgot to mention, could it be the performance from the fans affecting it, the games seem to be running at better fps for some reason? Like my fps in games has seemed to improve since when I installed the fans? If that makes sense...

2 minutes ago, Ford said:

Also, I forgot to mention, could it be the performance from the fans affecting it, the games seem to be running at better fps for some reason? Like my fps in games has seemed to improve since when I installed the fans? If that makes sense...

Maybe your card is just boosting higher?

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Maybe your card is just boosting higher?

huh, U think 65-70c is a bad temp during the summer, just noticed the fps boost and wouldn't rlly mind it if its only a 5-10 temp boost... 

1 minute ago, Ford said:

huh, U think 65-70c is a bad temp during the summer, just noticed the fps boost and wouldn't rlly mind it if its only a 5-10 temp boost...

under 80c is acceptable for long term use

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

under 80c is acceptable for long term use

That is great! Thank you!

Also, want to thank everyone for such quick replies! have never used a site that has given me that. The first post on the website, love it!

3 hours ago, Ford said:

Ok, but is there any configuration I could do where it at least runs the same or a little bit cooler? maybe mess with the amount of intake and exhaust? Also, I personally don't mind the sound because I have a loud ass fan in the background to cool me off during the summer lol

Cooling is weird for me..like the itx rig with an overclocked 6700k runs cool and that has a top 140mm top fan as intake and a 140mm as exhaust lol

Current rig has glass panel off since I have to clean it and because my cooling isn't quite finalized.