how to make a chute for a rocket?

Legolessed

how do i make a parachute deploy out of a model rocket without me having to use a servo and rc components.

Estes motors have a small reverse firing stage in them to blow the chute out. If you can work that into your motor, that would be ideal, otherwise maybe a cow cartridge? 

ASU

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Estes motors have a small reverse firing stage in them to blow the chute out. If you can work that into your motor, that would be ideal, otherwise maybe a cow cartridge? 

sorry, but whats a cow cartidge, the internet came up with some interesting results that i doubt are what your talking about. anyother idea i thought of is having a stick above the nose cone so the stick will break instead of the cone and i wont need a chute.

10 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Well, when you use hobby motors they have a small "cowl" (not cow) charge that fires shortly after the motor has burned out which pops the nosecone of the rocket off and pushes the parachute out. The parachute is normally held to the body tube of the rocket by a piece of elastic. 

If you're using compressed oxygen (please just use compressed air), there's a couple of ways you can do it, and if you're not following any of our previous advice and still trying to build a liquid rocket, pretty much your only option is to build a small explosive charge. Our mach 4+ rocket uses a tin foil black powder charge to blow the nosecone and extend the chute.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

11 hours ago, Legolessed said:

sorry, but whats a cow cartidge, the internet came up with some interesting results that i doubt are what your talking about. anyother idea i thought of is having a stick above the nose cone so the stick will break instead of the cone and i wont need a chute.

whoops, i meant CO2. I typed that on my phone, autocorrect betrayed me once again xD

ASU