Delid laptop cpu

I did a google research but I could not find any information regarding the delid of laptop Sand Bridge cpu. I have the i7 2670qm. I want to use the vice method.

It is not necessary but I kinda want to try it out and temps are a bit hot for my taste anyways after reducing the laptop fan speed for noise reasons.

I thought i ask because you guys know a lot more than I do. It should work right if I do it right?

10 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I did a google research but I could not find any information regarding the delid of laptop Sand Bridge cpu. I have the i7 2670qm. I want to use the vice method.

It is not necessary but I kinda want to try it out and temps are a bit hot for my taste anyways after reducing the laptop fan speed for noise reasons.

I thought i ask because you guys know a lot more than I do. It should work right if I do it right?

That chip doesn't have an ihs, temps are most likely caused by dust give it a blast with a compressor or give it a tear down and clean, repaste etc. Also it is in a socket if thats helpful at all, shouldn;t be unless you need to replace it for something ,

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Thanks for all the responses! Damn, I thought I could lower the thermals more but I did already replace the thermal paste.

Thanks for the help it saved me quite some hassle and money. Knew it was a good idea to ask the "pros" here :)