WHERE THE HELL ARE GTX 1060/RX 580?

WTF is going on with the mid range gpus? First rx 480/580 and now gtx 1060? I heard about mining and bitcoin and all that bull**** but why?

I'm allmost done with my exams and i can't build a pc. What's next? r5 1400? i5 7400?

Can someone explain this? Please!

The mining craze is breaking the market right now

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

RX580's are crazy because of the etherium (is that right?) mining going on. IDK about the 1060s though. They're gone too? If you can't find any new, look for a used GPU. I' getting a 980 Ti (slightly more powerful than a 1070 if it's a good overclocker) for $300 form a guy on Craigslist. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

You can mine crypto currency with gpu's and trade them for money. Because those gpu's are profitable after a few months everyone wants them.

I mean if you invest like a few grand and get your investment money back after 3-ish months and earn pure profit from that point, it's a damn good investment.

Also you don't need to do sh*t. Just get it up and running and that's it. The only risk is when the value of the crypto currency does down a lot which will likely happen eventually.

Also once the hype is over and people get bored, the used market will flood with those gpu's making them great options for gamers that want one.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, Zando Bob said:

RX580's are crazy because of the etherium (is that right?) mining going on. IDK about the 1060s though. They're gone too? If you can't find any new, look for a used GPU. I' getting a 980 Ti (slightly more powerful than a 1070 if it's a good overclocker) for $300 form a guy on Craigslist. 

Nvidia cards are for Zcash and you are right for the RX 580s for etherium

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Nvidia cards are for Zcash and you are right for the RX 580s for etherium

Aarrgh. Can't they just buy a Titan or a Quadro or other cards designed for this type of compute stuff? They're more expensive, but they should run it better than a 1060. My main worry is noobs will be trying to do it (them sick $$$, lol :P), put a massive stress on the cards, and then they'll be wasted because they are worn out and no one wants them. Plus, once the craze is over they'll be selling them, and more noobs will buy ones that have been mistreated and then they'll break. :( And you can't recycle electronics very well. Most of the rare stuff they use in them is stuck in the components once they're built...

DISCLAIMER: I was a total noob when it came to PC components until about 2-3 months ago. So don't think I'm dissing anyone for being a noob (I'm dissing them for mining unless they know what they're doing). 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Yhea well I hope these douchbags will end up having 20 rx 480/580 and 15 gtx 1060 with a big hole in the pocket.

Just now, TheSponyX said:

Yhea well I hope these douchbags will end up having 20 rx 480/580 and 15 gtx 1060 with a big hole in the pocket.

nope because people like you or someone else that needs a gpu for gaming or something else will going to buy them

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

5 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

Plus the money they make from the actual mining

2 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

nope because people like you or someone else that needs a gpu for gaming or something else will going to buy them

And this. So far from a hole in the pocket :P 

Aarrgh. Can't they just buy a Titan or a Quadro or other cards designed for this type of compute stuff? They're more expensive, but they should run it better than a 1060. My main worry is noobs will be trying to do it (them sick $$$, lol :P), put a massive stress on the cards, and then they'll be wasted because they are worn out and no one wants them. Plus, once the craze is over they'll be selling them, and more noobs will buy ones that have been mistreated and then they'll break. :( And you can't recycle electronics very well. Most of the rare stuff they use in them is stuck in the components once they're built...

DISCLAIMER: I was a total noob when it came to PC components until about 2-3 months ago. So don't think I'm dissing anyone for being a noob (I'm dissing them for mining unless they know what they're doing). 

because spending too much on a single gpu that costs 10x more is risking too much for something that has just started (and probably is going to increase their prices, which is normal) but if someday their prices goes down up to 0, nobody would want a quadro gpu so if you have those "rare" rx 470, 480, 570, 580, you could sell on ebay and for those ones that hasnt a gpu for gaming, they could have them now so you would have the money back like nothing happened + profits that you have made with these gpus

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

2 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

because spending too much on a single gpu that costs 10x more is risking too much for something that has just started (and probably is going to increase their prices, which is normal) but if someday their prices goes down up to 0, nobody would want a quadro gpu so if you have those "rare" rx 470, 480, 570, 580, you could sell on ebay and for those ones that hasnt a gpu for gaming, they could have them now so you would have the money back like nothing happened + profits that you have made with these gpus

Yeah, though if they didn't do it right, the cards will have had their useful lifespan reduced from 24/7 operation, and then whoever buys it won't be getting a very good deal. Unless they sell cheap. 

Main PC 

29 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

You can mine crypto currency with gpu's and trade them for money. Because those gpu's are profitable after a few months everyone wants them.

I mean if you invest like a few grand and get your investment money back after 3-ish months and earn pure profit from that point, it's a damn good investment.

Also you don't need to do sh*t. Just get it up and running and that's it. The only risk is when the value of the crypto currency does down a lot which will likely happen eventually.

Also once the hype is over and people get bored, the used market will flood with those gpu's making them great options for gamers that want one.

Keeping in mind that the card(s) has been run hard, and likely continuously for an extended period of time. Often times sellers don't openly disclose that they were mining cards when the inevitable dump happens.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

#UsedHardwareLife

5 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

Screw it! I'm buying a r9 390.

if you can find that....

honestly id get a used 980 or similar

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yeah, though if they didn't do it right, the cards will have had their useful lifespan reduced from 24/7 operation, and then whoever buys it won't be getting a very good deal. Unless they sell cheap. 

but as like semper said, you dont have to put on description that you were mining before and buyers dont have to know that

Just now, Blackhole890 said:

but as like semper said, you dont have to put on description that you were mining before and buyers dont have to know that

Doesn't matter whether you say you were mining or not, it still effects the GPU. Just like saying you don't have any feet doesn't change that fact (unless you actually have no feet, in which case claiming to have feet would do the same thing). 

Main PC 

Doesn't matter whether you say you were mining or not, it still effects the GPU. Just like saying you don't have any feet doesn't change that fact (unless you actually have no feet, in which case claiming to have feet would do the same thing). 

i know that affects the gpu but the buyer doesnt know the fact that the gpu could die in less than a month compared to those gpus that werent used for mining

1 minute ago, Blackhole890 said:

i know that affects the gpu but the buyer doesnt know the fact that the gpu could die in less than a month compared to those gpus that werent used for mining

So your advising to knowingly sell someone an on-death's-doorstep GPU for the price of a good one, without telling them?

Main PC 

So your advising to knowingly sell someone an on-death's-doorstep GPU for the price of a good one, without telling them?

actually you dont know that your gpu is dying soon so (or yes?)... I could just put that works well and ok

also, there must be people doing that so...

Just now, Blackhole890 said:

actually you dont know that your gpu is dying soon so (or yes?)... I could just put that works well and ok

I suppose that's a good point. But if you're been stressing your GPU 24/7, you would know it's not as good as one that was actually used normally. 

1 minute ago, Blackhole890 said:

also, there must be people doing that so...

... they're cheating? Same as cheating in a game, cheating people knowingly qualifies you as a jerk. Although, if you actually undervalued your GPU, made sure it was operating at a good temperature, etc, etc, you could sell it as a good condition one because it's fine. But you'll know if your GPU is gradually killing itself. Or else you don't know much about GPUs, and shouldn't be mining in the first place. 

Main PC 

Although, if you actually undervalued your GPU, made sure it was operating at a good temperature, etc, etc, you could sell it as a good condition one because it's fine. But you'll know if your GPU is gradually killing itself. Or else you don't know much about GPUs, and shouldn't be mining in the first place. 

im mining here and the gpu max temp is 74ºC so it shouldnt be a problem, no? And when it dies, i (should) already have my investment cash back so...

5 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

im mining here and the gpu max temp is 74ºC so it shouldnt be a problem, no? And when it dies, i (should) already have my investment cash back so...

Good for you. Yeah, if you keep it at a decent temp and take care of it, then it should be fine. And take a long time to die. Like I said, the main problem will be noobs who don't know what they're doing and just want to make some money for 'free'. They probs won't account for power and such, or take care of the GPUs, so they won't get a good ROI. 

Main PC 

Ok I know a shit tonne about hardware, modding and water cooling, but this mining. It's been a while since I looked into this (7970 ghz/ 280X) but at that time, the money gained from mining vs 24/7 power consumption wasn't worth killing the cards.

Did something change? got a 1080 ..... needs working ... 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P