Internet Security for Dell Laptop? [POLL]

McAfee or Alternative?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. McAfee or Alternative?

• Keep McAfee
    • Install ESET Nod 32
    • Install KasperSky
    • Install Bitdefender

Hey. As you are aware Dell ships their laptops (Windows Installed) with Mcafee Security Software.

Do you recommend continuing Mcafee or do you recommend uninstalling it and using other alternatives?

Please recommend wisely.

Work: Picture Editing, Financial, PayPal Access, Bank Account Access, Social Networking and Casual Movie/Video Downloading.

I want to defend myself from Malwares, Viruses, Trojans or any other variants of these which can destroy my work.

Thanks

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

You dont really need software security, common sense and an ad blocker is usually enough (Dont click on shady links, take care if torrenting, ect).  

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

i would recomend nuking macafree because its sthi and installing Avast maybe and malwarebytes. i recomend those two because Avast is good at finding Trojans from my experience and malwarebytes goes ham on any malware

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i would recomend nuking macafree because its sthi and installing Avast maybe and malwarebytes. i recomend those two because Avast is good at finding Trojans from my experience and malwarebytes goes ham on any malware

Have you ever tried ESET Nod 32? I am personally using Eset Nod on my every other setups (which aren't laptops so I had option to install anything). What do you think about ESET Nod 32?

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

Just now, MrFriendism said:

Have you ever tried ESET Nod 32? I am personally using Eset Nod on my every other setups (which aren't laptops so I had option to install anything). What do you think about ESET Nod 32?

i have never tried it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

You dont really need software security, common sense and an ad blocker is usually enough (Dont click on shady links, take care if torrenting, ect).  

True. I agree with you. But you know few people are not technically well. My cousin is not so much well in securing her stuff from it.

So I always advise her precaution is better than cure.

Have you watch John macafee's guide to remove macafee on YouTube?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, MrFriendism said:

True. I agree with you. But you know few people are not technically well. My cousin is not so much well in securing her stuff from it.

So I always advise her precaution is better than cure.

If its for her, then I would get Bit defender out of those. Many other types anti-virus software arent very effective andare very resource intensive with their scans (Especially McAfee). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Have you watch John macafee's guide to remove macafee on YouTube?

Haha. Why? I don't know though. Please explain. :)

I'm running Nod32 and Malwarebytes.

Bitdefender is good as well, I've just had issues with a previous version on another laptop. I went with NOD because I've used it before and I've had no complaints with it.

ESET is good, but don't pay money for it.  If you can get it for free (I could when I worked at Best Buy and Microcenter) then it's great.  Otherwise, just use Avast or AVG.  Arguably you don't even need those if you browse smart. Malwarebytes and Windows Defender is generally enough.

10 hours ago, MrFriendism said:

Haha. Why? I don't know though. Please explain. :)

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_