Where can I get a decent bike?

Chaicho

Is there any good site any of you might know to buy bikes. 

I've seen some on amazon but they dont really seem like quality bikes or resistant enough for me since im a pretty big ass guy.

Is my best option just going to like target and get one from there?

Where can I get a decent bike?

A bike shop 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

32 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

A bike shop 

+1000000000000

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 hours ago, Chaicho said:

I've seen some on amazon but they dont really seem like quality bikes or resistant enough for me since im a pretty big ass guy.

Thrift stores are the cheapest. Next are Bike Shaped Objects or BSO's from Walmart or Target/Zellers or any department store. I suggest you spend a little more and buy a real bike if you plan to ride a lot. The Treks are decent from your local neighborhood Local Bicycle Storr or LBS.

Online classifieds are your best bet for good quality but a cheap price. You can buy an older mid 90's bike for $100 or so, say Rocky Mountain or Specialized with decent components say Deore LX or DX. You can do the fixing yourself, just watch Youtube and buy a few basic tools and you are good to go.

Look for quality, like in the levers and crank. I always move the levers up and down at the pivot to see quality. Less movement is good. More movement then you know the other components are fucking shit. So you know how you squeeze the lever to brake, I take the lever from its end, and lift straight up and push down.

For a big heavy guy, steel is good. Cromoly or CroMo is good nothing wrong with that, more common in older bikes. No need to buy new bro, just buy a good quality used bike. If you have to talk to your LBS Local Bike Store to see if they know anyone selling a bicycle. Or check out Kijiji in Canada, Craigslist in Canada or USA. Other then that, Thrift Stores, Flea Markets, Garage Sales. Tis the season for Garage Sales and everybody is hurting for cash so they are selling their shit to make rent/mortgage payment.

9 hours ago, Chaicho said:

Try to find yourself a Trek if you can. Ice had the same Trek 930SHX from 1993 and it still works flawlessly. Plus it has a lifetime warranty on the frame. It was a bit more pricey but it was a solid investment. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

FYI BikesDirect.com is one step up from a BSO aka Bike Shaped Object

11 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

A bike shop 

sounds stupid, but no joke, this is the only answer.

people at target or any other major retail place wont know shit about bikes and cant give you a good suggestion, also their stoke sucks. its fine if you want a cheap something to teach your kid how to ride. but if you want a real bike, whether its a street bike or a dirtbike. go to an actual bike shop. they have the knowledge to actually help you.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

go to a bike shop and find out what type of bike you want (city bike, road bike, MTB, hybrid), ask them questions about the bikes, don't buy the cheapest shit you can get, keep an eye on brands that want to get on the marked they will often sell their bikes cheaper than the competition and be just as good if not better.

Lastly let the bike shop adjust your seat and handlebars, they know hoe you should sit on a given bike to get the most power out of your body.

Also you can often haggle a bit about the price.

I would only go used if you know quite a bit about bikes or you just need something cheap that works.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

LBS, or https://www.reddit.com/r/whichbike/
but if you've got a low budget, buying a used name brand is better than a new BSO from walmart.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB