i saw the new razer blade pro v2 yesterday, and i love it and wanna buy it from amazon, i also have the money to buy it ($4000). I saw reviews of razer blade pro on youtube,CNET,techradar,etc. But when i read posts about the issues the buyers are experience like- screen had vertical columns of discoloration,SD card reader didn’t work,mouses settings (i.e. speed) would get messed up every time the computer came out of sleep or got restarted (using a Razer Mamba),Sometimes computer doesn’t go to sleep properly (it will stay awake even though it’s configured to sleep after 15 mins on non-use) or it wakes up when don’t want it to,Sometimes the computer’s battery will show as 99% with a “plugged in, not charging” status. It did this after the new Windows 10 install,Keyboard doesn’t always go to sleep with screen, defaults to wrong setting on start up & the lid logo sometimes doesn’t turn off,There are many errors in the Event Viewer system logs. And i also heard that razer's quality control is very poor. many buyers are complaining about the razer blade pro. some buyers got defective razer blade pro again and again even after replacement.but still i want to buy razer blade pro because some unique features like build quality and screen.And if i want to buy this laptop i have to use amazon (international shipping),because razer did not ship in my country. so, if i buy and i got a defective product it will be harder for me to replace it. i have also selected some different laptops with gtx 1080 gpu but they don't have unique features as razer blade pro so, please suggest that should i buy it or not, or select a different product like asus g701, dell xps 15, razer blade 14,etc please suggest me what do i do now??:|:(-_-o.O

2 minutes ago, sanjai said:

And i also heard that razer's quality control is very poor. many buyers are complaining about the razer blade pro. some buyers got defective razer blade pro again and again even after replacement.but still i want to buy razer blade pro because some unique features like build quality and screen.

So you're turned off of Razer because of poor build quality, but you want to buy Razer because good build quality? :P

Clevo P775DM and P870KM, MSI GT73VR, GT83VR and 16L13.  Aorus X7

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a different product, razer has serious build and quality issues, the laptops are designed very poorly. 

I can concur. My blade stealth's bottom panel is about to fall off completely because the screws have somehow magically popped out. Really cheap for a $1200 laptop.

Spoiler

My main desktop, "Rufus":

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120

RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengence DDR4 Red LED @ 3066mt/s

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

GPU: XFX RX 580 GTR XXX White 

Storage: Mushkin ECO3 256GB SATA3 SSD + Some hitachi thing

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

Retro machine:

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

CPU Cooler: Stock heatsink

RAM: GSkill 4gb DDR2 1066mt/s

Motherboard: Asus P5n-e SLI

GPU: 8800 GTS 640mb, I swap between that and my 8800 GTS 512mb

Storage: Seagate 320gb right from 2006

PSU: Ultra 600W 

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW

OS: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, Manjaro Deepin x64 (sorta)

Mac Pro Early 2008: Dual Xeon X5482s w/ 32GB RAM & HD 5770 running macOS High Sierra

More PC's

Even the Alienware 15 presents better value than the Razer you saw

because of build quality? Do you want crap build quality? It is so crappy made, it isn't even funny.

Everything about it is just CRAP, I cannot say I single good thing about it.

@Pendragon wanna get in? :D 
also, long time no see.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, sanjai said:

i saw the new razer blade pro v2 yesterday, and i love it and wanna buy it from amazon, i also have the money to buy it ($4000). I saw reviews of razer blade pro on youtube,CNET,techradar,etc. But when i read posts about the issues the buyers are experience like- screen had vertical columns of discoloration,SD card reader didn’t work,mouses settings (i.e. speed) would get messed up every time the computer came out of sleep or got restarted (using a Razer Mamba),Sometimes computer doesn’t go to sleep properly (it will stay awake even though it’s configured to sleep after 15 mins on non-use) or it wakes up when don’t want it to,Sometimes the computer’s battery will show as 99% with a “plugged in, not charging” status. It did this after the new Windows 10 install,Keyboard doesn’t always go to sleep with screen, defaults to wrong setting on start up & the lid logo sometimes doesn’t turn off,There are many errors in the Event Viewer system logs. And i also heard that razer's quality control is very poor. many buyers are complaining about the razer blade pro. some buyers got defective razer blade pro again and again even after replacement.but still i want to buy razer blade pro because some unique features like build quality and screen.And if i want to buy this laptop i have to use amazon (international shipping),because razer did not ship in my country. so, if i buy and i got a defective product it will be harder for me to replace it. i have also selected some different laptops with gtx 1080 gpu but they don't have unique features as razer blade pro so, please suggest that should i buy it or not, or select a different product like asus g701, dell xps 15, razer blade 14,etc please suggest me what do i do now??:|:(-_-o.O

If you want a thin and light with a 1080 then you're out of luck at the moment because the aorus DT model is out of stock everywhere, unless you want the piece of shit known as the razer blade pro. http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-clevo-p775dm3-g-custom-built-gaming-desktop-replacement-laptop.html

This, will have all of the upgrades you want at a much cheaper price point over the blade, and it won't blow up on you.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

5 hours ago, Dackzy said:

also, long time no see.

aloha. i come on once per day and shit on everything and come back the same time the next day LOL. did you finish exams or something?

@sanjai

7 hours ago, CerberusLabrat said:

5 hours ago, TheDankKoosh said:

Everyone has already posted the decent ones. GT83VR is not that great LOL. Get that shit outta here. You're missing an Alienware 17 R4 and that rounds it out. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

5 hours ago, Pendragon said:

aloha. i come on once per day and shit on everything and come back the same time the next day LOL. did you finish exams or something?

nah I still have 5 left... The next 3 weeks are going to really burn me out. I have just had a week where I have been able to just relax for the most part. Today is going to be 80% relax, 20% prep for my english exam.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

i have selected some laptops to choose from-

asus g701 vi 

Razer Blade Pro 

Razer blade 14 

Dell XPS 15 

MSI gt73vr 

Alienware 17 r4 

Acer predator 17x 

i need a 4K, 100% adobe rgb screen. i choose razer blade pro because of its screen and gtx 1080 in a very slim case, i have also seen many reviews on internet which are very very good.

Anyone in this post have used Razer blade pro ???

Razer blade pro is now thx certified. I don't want to build a desktop because I already have a desktop with a gtx 1070.

Other laptops are also good but they are really heavy and there chassis are not good,Razer laptops have macbook like build quality. I love Razer blade pro. Now I am confused,Please help me choose a very functional computer and very powerful (gtx 1080), that I can use it for at least 4 to 5 years. And I need a solid screen too (4K,100% adobe RGB).

I have seen many reviews of Razer blade Pro on YouTube. It is a very popular laptop. Its review is very good and positive. Asus announced a new laptop with thin and light chassis like blade pro and have a gtx 1080 but only have 1080p normal screen with 120Hz g sync. I am gonna be using my laptop for content creation too.

4 hours ago, sanjai said:

Razer laptops have macbook like build quality. 

not even close, Razers laptops have much worse build quality, in every single way. 

Kek it you think any Razer laptop is going to last more than two years then you would be very mistaken, you would be lucky to get any of their laptops to last that long.

Plus the likelihood of any gaming laptop lasting more than 3-4 years is very slim, you should rather expect 2-3 years from a good gaming laptop, while with a business laptop I would say 4-5 years is fair.

4 hours ago, sanjai said:

I have seen many reviews of Razer blade Pro on YouTube. It is a very popular laptop. Its review is very good and positive. Asus announced a new laptop with thin and light chassis like blade pro and have a gtx 1080 but only have 1080p normal screen with 120Hz g sync. I am gonna be using my laptop for content creation too.

wanna know why it gets good youtube reviews? They are a bunch of fucktards, they think the build quality is the feel with is completely wrong in every single way. They don't test for temps or anything like that, they don't bother looking up the parts they use inside of the laptop to see if they use high-quality parts (which Razer doesn't). They just see a fancy looking laptop and thinks uuhhh ahhh so pretty.

If a laptop with a 1070 that is well cooled can beat the 1080 in the blade pro then there is something wrong.

Yes that new asus laptop has a "gtx 1080" that is basically just fucked over in every single way, just so it can fit into a slim laptop and prob still throttle.

5 hours ago, sanjai said:

i have selected some laptops to choose from-

asus g701 vi 

Razer Blade Pro 

Razer blade 14 

Dell XPS 15 

MSI gt73vr 

Alienware 17 r4 

Acer predator 17x 

i need a 4K, 100% adobe rgb screen. i choose razer blade pro because of its screen and gtx 1080 in a very slim case, i have also seen many reviews on internet which are very very good.

asus g701 vi= dunno, but it is asus so prob ehhhhh/bad
Razer Blade Pro= Trash 
Razer blade 14= Trash 
Dell XPS 15= Nice slim laptop
MSI gt73vr= ehhh
Alienware 17 r4= pretty good if you get one with a fixed heatsink
Acer predator 17x= Always stay the F away from Acer

I would look into rebranded Clevo laptops, buy from hidevolution.com if you want great support.

@Pendragon prob knows more about the laptops you listed, since I have been out of the game for a couple of months now and he prob knows a laptop that is just for you

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Maybe you are right. I am very excited about Razer when I saw good reviews of it, I don't want to buy a Dell laptop because their laptops have very low quality thermal compound and there drives are slow. Asus 's new laptops are good but I am waiting for the review to come. Now I have only these options to choose from-

Asus ZEPHYRUS gx501 (gtx 1080 in a thin and light chassis) {Looks really cool}

Razer blade pro ( I still wanna buy it because I fall in love with it )

Razer blade 14 (alternative option to Razer blade pro)

Build a mini itx custom PC. I will use a Antec Razer cube case (designed by Razer case and it is a mini itx) {CUSTOM PCs ARE AWESOME!!}

Buy a Mac pro 

Please don't recommend a Dell, Acer, lenovo, MSI, alienware, HP, evga,gigabit,or any Microsoft surface laptops. They all have trash build quality and their components are garbage. I used them all,they all are trash. And apple laptop are only for content creation, they are not for gaming.

25 minutes ago, sanjai said:

Please don't recommend a Dell, Acer, lenovo, MSI, alienware, HP, evga,gigabit,or any Microsoft okasurface laptops. They all have trash build quality and their components are garbage. I used them all,they all are trash. And apple laptop are only for content creation, they are not for gaming.

Okay. Buy the Razer Blade Pro. Also bye. Let me know how it feels when my 1070 is faster than your 1080. 

Laptop Main

34 minutes ago, sanjai said:

Asus ZEPHYRUS gx501 (gtx 1080 in a thin and light chassis) {Looks really cool}

Razer blade pro ( I still wanna buy it because I fall in love with it )

Razer blade 14 (alternative option to Razer blade pro)

All of these are garbarge. But clearly you like it so have fun with it. 

Also I'm going to quote myself here:

On 5/31/2017 at 8:10 PM, Pendragon said:

Lets see.

0 quality control

0 customer support

0 engineering involved.

Max tdp limiting

Max throttling

0 design conception 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/razer-ceo-covering-up-cheap-poor-design-of-razer-notebooks.801443/

^ 0 idea how to design VRMs and place them in locations that get fucked

0 idea how heat works

0 performance

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/razer-blade-pro-17-gtx-1080-gpu-7820k-cpu-2017-owners-lounge.803629/page-11#post-10523281

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/razer-blade-pro-17-1080-gpu-late-2016-owners-lounge.797308/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/razer-blade-14-1060-gpu-late-2016-owners-lounge.797021/

^ 7820HK can't turbo

^ 1080 performs worse than a 1070

^ soldered shit slow, shit timings ram

^ terrible battery life

^ shit keyboard

etc. 

Laptop Main

Okay guys,calm down, alright I am gonna build a custom PC around $2000-$2500 and a ultrabook like Razer blade or dell xps 15 or maybe a macbook. And Asus also make good laptops with gtx 1060,1050 or 1050ti 

I hope you enjoy your Blade if you get it, but don't be surprised if you add it to your list of manufacturers that put are trash.

Then please recommend a gtx 1080 laptop with a 4k screen and 100% adobe rgb. And I also wanna know that why blade pro is getting so much hate,but still reviewers are highly recommending it ?? Is blade pro having some serious issue or something like that??

Do blade pro uses custom nvidia drivers?? 

And what do you think about Asus 's new laptop ZEPHYRUS gx501 or MSI gt73vr??, are they good??

Thanks for your support guys!!

10 hours ago, sanjai said:

Then please recommend a gtx 1080 laptop with a 4k screen and 100% adobe rgb.

On 5/31/2017 at 11:46 AM, CerberusLabrat said:

20 hours ago, Dackzy said:

asus g701 vi= dunno, but it is asus so prob ehhhhh/bad
Razer Blade Pro= Trash 
Razer blade 14= Trash 
Dell XPS 15= Nice slim laptop
MSI gt73vr= ehhh
Alienware 17 r4= pretty good if you get one with a fixed heatsink
Acer predator 17x= Always stay the F away from Acer

On 6/2/2017 at 8:11 AM, sanjai said:

Anyone in this post have used Razer blade pro ???

yes. 

Laptop Main

Asus at computex announced a laptop which is perfect for me (Asus Zephyrus) 

With gtx 1080 max q. It is very thin and light and priced at $2700 which is nice if compared to other gtx 1080 and have a decent screen too. What do you think about it ?? I am waiting for review to come. This is the perfect laptop for me. I travel a lot so I need a thin and light device with plenty of power for gaming and content creation. If I need a 4k screen I will buy a potable monitor or a normal monitor. So, what do you think about it?? And in my country Asus company is very popular. 

Thanks 

19 minutes ago, sanjai said:

With gtx 1080 max q. It is very thin and light and priced at $2700 which is nice if compared to other gtx 1080 and have a decent screen too. What do you think about it ?? I am waiting for review to come. This is the perfect laptop for me. I travel a lot so I need a thin and light device with plenty of power for gaming and content creation. If I need a 4k screen I will buy a potable monitor or a normal monitor. So, what do you think about it?? And in my country Asus company is very popular. 

you do know that the 1080 max q is literally an OCed 1070 right? It's nowhere near the performance of the actual 1080. If you're looking at laptops to come, get the Aorus X5 MD. 15in with 1080 Max Q is fine. When you're at 17in you should be getting the full 1080. 

The Asus Zehyrus looks like a mechanical disaster. Too many goddam moving parts for a laptop. The thing that elevates it for more airflow, what if you move or shift your laptop. what if something gets stuck when you're trying to close it? there's too many weird shit going on in that one. And they all look like a throttling mess. We will see. 

Also btw, I'm guessing all the new 1080 Max Qs got their idea from the Razer Blade Pro. Just tdp throttle a 1080 to shit and you get a 1080 Max Q. Nothing special. Except now they are legally covered as this is a "new chip" and not "suppose" to perform like a 1080. 

Laptop Main