How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

4013655562.png

At my house, $34.99 a month.

[RANT]

What sucks is that we are in a FIOS service area, but they want to charge ~$399 to running the fiber in an underground conduit. We had all our utilities moved from overhead to underground as part of a remodel and addition to our house. To give you an idea: the power company owns the pole. They charged me $100 to draft the plans for the new underground conduit and mains, move the meter to the new service panel, and run new aluminum wires. Albeit, my father and I trenched by ourselfs and ran the conduit.

So: $100, for a meter change to a new main service panel, drafted plans, and new aluminum wires. Quite the deal.

Now it seems quite disproportionate for Verizon to ask for $399 to move an optical cable, in a conduit that already exists. :o  They're out of their minds.

Eventually, since the Verizon's POTS and optical cables were dangling from the pole and resting on the ground, the final inspection from the the power company (that owns the utility pole) was hilarious. They got a guy to just snip both off the pole with a pair of wire cutters.

[/RANT]

Of note, was that TWC actually moved my line for free. Its just RG6 Coax afterall, its not 240V split phase mains.

So for now, were stuck with broadband cable, Until Verizon gets their act together or my city/county/utility pole owner forces them to move the fiber line (they'll have to do it eventually). :mellow:

Maybe by the time DOCSIS 3.1 rolls around, upload speeds will be more proportional on cable broadband, thats the only thing that's killing me at the moment (and the fact that I can't get at least 100 down without buying a new modem :angry: ). I have the Motorola SB6141, and to get TWC 100Mbps package, I need to upgrade to the SB6183. At the moment, it isn't worth it. I'm just going to have wait until DOCSIS 3.1 to justify a new modem purchase.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Mine.

3927096860.png

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

4013998746.png

Alright so I live in Houston and there is not much competition here between internet providers, and Comcast is by far the best. Trust me I have tried them all. I wish we could get some of that Google Fiber or U-verse Fiber I keep hearing about. Well anyways, Comcast has been the best ISP I have ever used, 10/10 would recommend, but if you;re one of them people who complain about how bad their costumer service is. I agree, a little bit, but I hardly ever have to deal with them so it is more of a one time thing with those idiots. 

7238009fed.jpg

I pay for 300 mbps down :(.... Screw you Time Warner!!!!

What really sucks is I'm only like 2 miles away from Google Fiber in Austin..... Hopefully they'll extend it soon. 

Intel i7-7770K | Asus Maximus X Hero  | EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked | 16GB Memory| Samsung 960 EVO M.2 | Corsair RM 750W | Dell 27" S2716DG main display | Dual Dell ST2320L 23" Secondary displays | Windows 10

Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Logitech G502 mouse | Kingston HyperX Cloud headset | Corsair H100i 

Question, would you be willing to pay £0.625/0.9375usd/0.75eur per Mbit?

Question, would you be willing to pay £0.625/0.9375usd/0.75eur per Mbit?

Sure. If we had pricing like that we'd be paying under half of what we pay now for the same speeds as we get now.

Right now we have it around 40€ per month for 20 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up. If it was 0,75€ per Mbit, we'd only pay 15€ for this.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Sure. If we had pricing like that we'd be paying under half of what we pay now for the same speeds as we get now.

Right now we have it around 40€ per month for 20 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up. If it was 0,75€ per Mbit, we'd only pay 15€ for this.

What about if your Internet was limited to 16mbit?

What about if your Internet was limited to 16mbit?

For the same 0,75€ per Mbit pricing? No problem. If we payed the same we do now and only got 16Mbit, we would just have to deal with it: this little miserable village isn't gonna get anything better, ever. It's a dying municipality I live in, so there's no point for ISPs to roll out fiber.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

4018341020.png

<_<

Pay way too much for this bs. You know what's funny about it though? As soon as Google announced that they'd install their infastructure in Phoenix, Cox actually doubled the speed for free. So it used to be worse than this ffs

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

For the same 0,75€ per Mbit pricing? No problem. If we payed the same we do now and only got 16Mbit, we would just have to deal with it: this little miserable village isn't gonna get anything better, ever. It's a dying municipality I live in, so there's no point for ISPs to roll out fiber.

What kind of connection to your isp do you have? That is the speed ND price of my dsl connection, £10/month for 15.8mbit

What kind of connection to your isp do you have? That is the speed ND price of my dsl connection, £10/month for 15.8mbit

Not sure what do you mean by that. Try specifying a little?

If you're asking how stable it is, then I'd say it's rock solid: it's only down when the power is out (which happens very rarely). Apart from that, I don't really know what might you be asking.

4018950800.png

My home 500/500 connection usually get around 800 but I guess there are some people clogging up my pipes today.

4018950800.png

My home 500/500 connection usually get around 800 but I guess there are some people clogging up my pipes today.

LOL! Holy crap, that is insane :blink:

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)

LOL! Holy crap, that is insane :blink:

No kidding. I wouldn't be complaining. :o

Then I'm here on satellite internet. Here's my "3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up" No clue why my upload is so low, it's normally in the .8-.9 range... Other than that, it's normal...

4018999185.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Sharing the pain with Darkman :)

4019043875.png

4Mb down, 512Kb up

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)

Not sure what do you mean by that. Try specifying a little?

If you're asking how stable it is, then I'd say it's rock solid: it's only down when the power is out (which happens very rarely). Apart from that, I don't really know what might you be asking.

Auto correct didn't help much, what kind of connection as in dsl/fiber/cable, second part is that my connection is dsl, costs £10/month and it's speed 15.8mbit.

Auto correct didn't help much, what kind of connection as in dsl/fiber/cable, second part is that my connection is dsl, costs £10/month and it's speed 15.8mbit.

It's DSL. And as I said, fiber will never come to my home village, as that would be a stupid move from any ISP over here.

Mind you this is in prime time: 2415953345.png

Edit: new test outside of prime time:

3663674527.png

Edit: Got a slight upgrade, prime time speed again:

3729179592.png

How much does your internet cost you? wtf?

How much does your internet cost you? wtf?

15 DKK a moth, little over 2 USD.