How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,702 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

Here's my speed.

Do you live in a data centre?

No but  my server does :)

were you running the test from the server?

Yes

Thought so.

3982664026.png

·· When I die i wan't to go peacefully - in my sleep, like my granddad - Not screaming in terror, like his passengers ··

·· [ while (!asleep()) { $sheep++} ] :: [ The Cave ] ··

3984839874.png

Much better than when I was on BT after years of campaigning for Virgin Media to lay a 20m cable!

Meh.

3987742815.png

Don't complain, when your only option is dsl because you live in small town Scotland and BT haven't but in fiber to the local exchange yet.

Don't complain, when your only option is dsl because you live in small town Scotland and BT haven't but in fiber to the local exchange yet.

My only options are dial up, a very unreliable and overpriced t1 line ($150 a month for fucking 1.5Mb/s down and .5Mb/s up usually at .2Mb/s down and .3Mb/s up), and satellite... Got to love US ISPs.

Haven't seen my "3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up with a ping of 50 or less" in 2 weeks with every few chances having a half hour of rated speeds...

3990277731.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My only options are dial up, a very unreliable and overpriced t1 line ($150 a month for fucking 1.5Mb/s down and .5Mb/s up usually at .2Mb/s down and .3Mb/s up), and satellite... Got to love US ISPs.

Haven't seen my "3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up with a ping of 50 or less" in 2 weeks with every few chances having a half hour of rated speeds...

3990277731.png

I feel sorry for you. I like messing around with different Linux distros (I ishould make a [insert large number here]boot computer, but I only have one rig and I don't want to mess around with it too much) and with your Internet speeds I would probably, the have my computer on 24/7 downloading things. At least my dsl connection goes over the limit of what my isp rates it for(somsome times, mostly just stays at the limit).

I feel sorry for you. I like messing around with different Linux distros (I ishould make a [insert large number here]boot computer, but I only have one rig and I don't want to mess around with it too much) and with your Internet speeds I would probably, the have my computer on 24/7 downloading things. At least my dsl connection goes over the limit of what my isp rates it for(somsome times, mostly just stays at the limit).

I really want to stick Linux (Ubuntu) on my old 3rd gen PS3 and maybe install 8.1 on my rig but that sure isn't happening anytime soon... I had to take my friends parts to a different friend's house with his outrageous 100Mb/s down so I could build his computer and get it up and running quickly..

That's right, I get to upgrade my rig during Christmas break, and build 2 others... So many computers are being built in not even a month... (4 computers if you're wondering.)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Hoping to upgrade to fiber soon

3990376644.png

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

-snip of internetz better than mine-

*cries*

I'll take that.

3990748382.png

Wow, my internet is doing decent at the moment... Look at an earlier post of mine on this page and that's what it usually is.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'll take that.

3990748382.png

Wow, my internet is doing decent at the moment... Look at an earlier post of mine on this page and that's what it usually is.

My grandparents get 25mbps down, which is not fair because they don't do anything but word processing and emailing.

My grandparents get 25mbps down, which is not fair because they don't do anything but word processing and emailing.

Think how pissed my friends get as one has 32Mb/s down and another has 100Mb/s down and they always have to wait the next day (or week... Literally) for me to play a game with them because of how slow my internet is.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Think how pissed my friends get as one has 32Mb/s down and another has 100Mb/s down and they always have to wait the next day (or week... Literally) for me to play a game with them because of how slow my internet is.

Not only is my Internet kind of meh, but I'm currently playing on a MacBook Pro. Imagine having the slowest connection of the group, as well as the least powerful computer. Everyone else I play with has custom rigs.