I need help with knowing where my pc stands and what to upgrade

Hello,

I'm new here so I don't know if I type this in the correct place, sorry if I don't.

5 years ago, I went to a website and put together my own gaming pc for about 800 euro's, more or less. Now little over a year ago I went in and updated the GPU, graphics weren't great and they are now. Now today, I don't know where my pc stands in the pc ranking. I use it to game, playing games like overwatch, LoL, GTA, Planet Coaster and more stuff like that. Especially with planet coaster, the game is starting to lag, and that is probably due to a lot of stuf sitting in my park. Also, my pc makes a lot of noise and I want to change that, I want to upgrade my cpu cooler.

So, my problem: I don't know what the bottleneck of my pc is, should I improve anything in the region of CPU, motherboard or ram? Since the rest is pretty decent (I think)

Here is the list of specs:

• CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
  • Memory: Corsair cm3x4ga1333c9n2
  • Motherboard: MSI 760GA-P43 (FX)
  • GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  • PSU: Cooler Master 500W
  • 250GB Samsung EVO SSD
  • 500GB WD
  • Case: K350 (RC-K350-KWN2-EN)
  • CPU cooler: Stock AMD cooler
  • LG blue ray disk reader

The stock AMD cooler makes a shit ton of sound, especially under load, so I wanted to replace that with a BE QUIET! Shadow rock 2 or Dark rock pro 3. Problem with that is that it probably doesn't fit in my case since the maximum height for the CPU cooler is 148.5 mm. So should I go for a Dark Rock TF or upgrade my case or maybe go for another cooler? I want to upgrade for the long therm.

And what should I do with the motherboard/cpu/memory situation? Upgrade with more of the same memory sticks? (that is how it works right?) Get a new motherboard with DDR4 memory? (But then which one because which is compatible and future proof?) Then, shoud I also upgrade the CPU?

The market place is huge and I don't know what to look for, so thank you for any help you guys can offer me.

BTW, English is not my first language.

you have a low-end PC, save up money for a ryzen build, 800- 1000$ is a sweetspot. 

Upgrade your CPU to a Ryzen 5 1600 and upgrade your GPU to a GTX 1070 ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Gpu , case , psu , etc are all still good . I'd suggest getting a ryzen build ( namely the 1400 or 1600 ).

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

3 minutes ago, Vertex0 said:

Hello,

I'm new here so I don't know if I type this in the correct place, sorry if I don't.

5 years ago, I went to a website and put together my own gaming pc for about 800 euro's, more or less. Now little over a year ago I went in and updated the GPU, graphics weren't great and they are now. Now today, I don't know where my pc stands in the pc ranking. I use it to game, playing games like overwatch, LoL, GTA, Planet Coaster and more stuff like that. Especially with planet coaster, the game is starting to lag, and that is probably due to a lot of stuf sitting in my park. Also, my pc makes a lot of noise and I want to change that, I want to upgrade my cpu cooler.

So, my problem: I don't know what the bottleneck of my pc is, should I improve anything in the region of CPU, motherboard or ram? Since the rest is pretty decent (I think)

Here is the list of specs:

• CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
  • Memory: Corsair cm3x4ga1333c9n2
  • Motherboard: MSI 760GA-P43 (FX)
  • GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  • PSU: Cooler Master 500W
  • 250GB Samsung EVO SSD
  • 500GB WD
  • Case: K350 (RC-K350-KWN2-EN)
  • CPU cooler: Stock AMD cooler
  • LG blue ray disk reader

The stock AMD cooler makes a shit ton of sound, especially under load, so I wanted to replace that with a BE QUIET! Shadow rock 2 or Dark rock pro 3. Problem with that is that it probably doesn't fit in my case since the maximum height for the CPU cooler is 148.5 mm. So should I go for a Dark Rock TF or upgrade my case or maybe go for another cooler? I want to upgrade for the long therm.

And what should I do with the motherboard/cpu/memory situation? Upgrade with more of the same memory sticks? (that is how it works right?) Get a new motherboard with DDR4 memory? (But then which one because which is compatible and future proof?) Then, shoud I also upgrade the CPU?

The market place is huge and I don't know what to look for, so thank you for any help you guys can offer me.

BTW, English is not my first language.

Just get Ryzen+Am4 mobo+Ddr4

And a new case that's it easy £500 upgrade

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Oke, so you guys are saying to upgrade to an AMD RYZEN 5, what motherboard should I get with that? Which DDR4 ram sticks? The problem I have is that I really don't know what to look for

So, I have been kind of looking at a new cpu, motherboard and ram but I don't get one thing

Why is the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X so much better then the AMD FX-8320?

The FX has more cores, more less threads, more L2 cache but less L3 cache.

So should I update to the Ryzen 5 or should I go even higher in the CPU chain?

Keep in mind that I want to spend about 500-600 euro's on this so I can't just build a Nasa university extreme ultra pc (or would this mean that I'm better of doing this project in the future?

2 hours ago, Vertex0 said:

So, I have been kind of looking at a new cpu, motherboard and ram but I don't get one thing

Why is the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X so much better then the AMD FX-8320?

The FX has more cores, more less threads, more L2 cache but less L3 cache.

So should I update to the Ryzen 5 or should I go even higher in the CPU chain?

Keep in mind that I want to spend about 500-600 euro's on this so I can't just build a Nasa university extreme ultra pc (or would this mean that I'm better of doing this project in the future?

The FX CPU is really old already and has a much older architecture.

Also the ryzen chip has higher IPC meaning that per cycle it can handle more instructions. (Thus "Instructions per cycle")

To answer your question:

an R5 1600x is completely fine and probably the best bang for the buck choice. However I would recommend going with the R5 1600 not 1600X because you can easily achieve the clocksleed of the X version by overcklocking the 1600.